PDA

View Full Version : Problems with c16xe engine

novalovingned
28-05-07, 09:38 PM
have a big problem guys

when we fitted the engine we took off the power steering which means the pump is gone and so is the uneeded tensioner so we took off an adjustable altonator bracket of a nova and now is working fine but its a v groove belt

it just needs to go round the bottom pully and the altonator! Anyone know where i can get a belt made or no off this problem and has delt with it before?

another one:)

The lambda sensor in the gsi16v has three wires leading to the plug the plug then obviasly plugs into another then a wire runs to the sensor itself, does anyone know what those three wires are?
and which lambda to use as im having difficulty finding the correct one

e.g

into my local auto save and the guy is checking the books for the rite one, now his book is saying that this certain lambda sensor is correct but it only has one input bit and the plug has three but its suppost to still work, is this correct, which lambda do i use????

help me im starting to go baldlol

maccas
28-05-07, 09:45 PM
with the alternator use a single v belt and pulleys off a c14se or similar, obviously it still needs the teeth for the crank sensor, this is how most people do it, on my x16xe the lambda sensor only has one wire coming from it, however it might not be the same, hope some of this helps

maccas

novalovingned
28-05-07, 09:54 PM
nightmare lol

do most of the 1.4 sri 8v engines have crank sensors

think it might be a problem to get!

does ur lambda sensor join to a plug with 3 prongs in it???

cheers for the info:thumb:

nuds sr
28-05-07, 10:12 PM
if you bolt up the alternator in the middle of the adjustment and measure from a point on the alternator, down round the bottom pulley and back up to the point you should get a rough lenght for the belt and most motor factors will have a large range of belt lenghts and you just need to get one around the lenght you measured

or

you can use the v belt bottom pulley off a nova sri as it has the same crank sensor set up just on a v pulley rather than a ribbed like yours and then you just use a nova sri v belt

hope this helps

nud

maccas
28-05-07, 10:17 PM
yep all the 1.4sri c14se engines have a crank sensor, some mark 3 astra gls's also have this engine and also the early corsa sri's, the v belt pulley set up also gives u more room because its not as wide, my lamba sensor plugs into a plug with just one contact, my mate used to have an l reg gsi and he had trouble trying to get a lambda sensor aswell

maccas

novalovingned
28-05-07, 10:20 PM
the problem is we dont have alot of play in the , about 10mm
we adjusted it down to the smallest belt size we could have got on

so now we have a size of 880mm with 10 mm play so we can get a belt thats sizes are 880mm - 890mmm max also needs to be multi grooved and 21mm wide

its going to be a hassle finding one i think but its better than changing the crank pulley with toothed ring, altonator pulley and finding a belt that fits onto our made adjuster of a 1.2 nova :)

Adam
28-05-07, 10:29 PM
X16 has a single wire lambda. C16 is 3 wire, must be a heated sensor. The wires will be signal, 12v and earth.
I have a std nova v-belt on mine, sri bottom pully and a late v-belt alternator.

craig green
29-05-07, 09:55 AM
Switch the bottom pulley to a E16/14SE type. You can order them from Vauxhall if you cant find one in a breakers. Ditch the multi belt & then just use a regular V-type belt. You will need to craft up an adjuster arm for the alternator.

My Lambda has the 3 wires.

Adam
29-05-07, 05:18 PM
Ive made a alternator bracket.

But you can use a nova 8v one reversed round so it bolts to the outside of the alt instead of the inside.