PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Insurance !

Anonymous
18-10-00, 03:32 PM
When I get my 1.3 sr (F reg) I?m gonna remove the vinyl on the bottom of the doors, colour code the front and rear bumpers, grille and the rear boot spoiler, and also spray the boot panel matt black (like a GTE)?.will the insurance company up my premium if I do this? Do CIS?

Have any of you done this and had your premium increased by your insurance company?

How do insurance companies treat alloys? Do they just add a set amount onto your premium? Or do they add a set amount onto your excess? Cos the thing is, im only gonna get some ?100 Astra GTE alloys, so why should my insurance go up the same as someone who?s spent ?500 on alloys?!?!?

Cheers for any help my fellow nova boys?

Happy Motoring

Ged

Anonymous
18-10-00, 03:39 PM
as far as i know when you get alloys it depends on how much they are worth, if you have alloys about ?100 (Worth)then your insurance won't be so badly affected. But as my mate found out he bought alloys for ?1780 and his insurance went up by ?375 and he was with a so called good cheap insurance company for people with sports cars. so think of what the end cost will be (inculding insurance and tyres) when you buy a set of alloys. Hope I have helped !

Anonymous
18-10-00, 04:08 PM
u wont have a problem with your insurance if u colour code anything, but u may with your alloys depending on insurance company.
cos as soon as insurance companies see a young male driver whether your as clean as chrome putting a set of alloys on they know its the start of a highly modified car!!!!!!!!!!!
and immediatly think u will race it, u may not race but it dont make a difference, cos of past drivers in novas etc.

if u want my dads an insurance agent if u want a quote email me at cossieking@hotmail.com

he did me a great deal even though he is my dad

chris

Anonymous
18-10-00, 04:09 PM
in my last year of insurance i fitted a set of GSI alloys to my mk1 nova, and my insurance company cancelled my fucking insurance and month and a half before it expired, cunts. So check first.

Anonymous
18-10-00, 04:10 PM
CIS won't put your insurance up by colour coding, but it depends on yuor policy are you FC or TPFT ?
The wheels put your premiums up by value of them because they make the car more valuable and more likely to be stolen.
Oh and just a bit of seperate advice, don't waste time painting the boot black, I don't think i'm the only person who thinks it looks pretty average. (i.e crap)
If you want some advice on taking off the grey plastic shit then e-mail me I'd be happy to oblige.
Hope that helps.

Anonymous
18-10-00, 04:17 PM
CIS don't put up ur insurance for alloys, or any body mods. they only mind if u start making it go faster!

Anonymous
18-10-00, 09:27 PM
CIS DONT CARE NOR DO I THINK TESCOS DO THATS WHO I AM WIV
1.2 3RD PARTY F&T ?836
SAY U HAVE DONE PASS PLUS AND THAT MAKES IT CHEAPER!!