PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! The Nova Is Broken!

NovaLad
28-05-07, 04:46 PM
Ok when i started to remove the bumper strip near the rear arches on both sides i realised that the panel was cracked behind and along the strip so i stopped taking it off...

It looks like someone has taken the strip off then cut along the panel where the strip goes and taken the panel off to do something.

The panel is a diff colour to the rest of the car if you look close and all it looks like is to put the panel back they have stuck it on then put the bumper strip over the crack to hide the crack. so im really pissed off....

What should i do :(
IN THE PIC IS THE PANEL AREA THAT IS A DIFF COLOUR THEN BEHIND THE STRIP IS THE CRACK!!!!
BTW IT'S LIKE THIS ON BOTH SIDES WHICH IS EVEN WEIRDER.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/crack.jpg

Mike
28-05-07, 04:52 PM
sounds like at some point its had a new rear lower arch, and they used the rub strip to hide the cut & shut line :thumb:

Welsh Dan
28-05-07, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a botch job of repairing the rear arches to me.

Take the bump strip off and post up some clear pictures.

NovaLad
28-05-07, 04:53 PM
What should i do?? :(

I want to remove my strips so i can put my skirts on but if i do that then i will have a crack along my body work :( on both sides

Mike
28-05-07, 04:54 PM
fill the crack, smooth it out, spray it in

NovaLad
28-05-07, 04:54 PM
Take the bump strip off and post up some clear pictures.

To scared to take it off.

as it's a Nova i will remove the bumper strip and the engine will stop working lol !!!

Mike
28-05-07, 04:55 PM
To scared to take it off.

as it's a Nova i will remove the bumper strip and the engine will stop working lol !!!

Ai, thats true...

NovaLad
28-05-07, 04:55 PM
fill the crack, smooth it out, spray it in

Cheers my dad has been bugging me to just get new rear arches and then i'll smooth it all in but i just don't have no money right now.

I think i'll just do what ya said and fill it out smooth it over and re spray it.

Welsh Dan
28-05-07, 04:56 PM
You can probably fibreglass over the cracks(or suchlike, don't use much filler if possible as large areas of filler will crack), get it smoothed over yourself then either spray that area yourself or ask a friendly bodyshop.

staggy_gsi
28-05-07, 04:56 PM
it looks pretty rusty anyway so why not concentrate on getting the arches re-done first rather than putting skirts on

NovaLad
28-05-07, 04:58 PM
Them arches pics are from last week staggy...

Since then i have rubbed down and primered my rear arches they just need filling primering then re painting.

NovaLad
28-05-07, 05:01 PM
Also the paint is chipping off the panel that is a diff colour below the rub strip as you can see in the pic below ...

YES I DO KNOW THE ARCHES NEED MORE FILLING ETC...
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSCF0491.jpg