PDA

View Full Version : roll cages and insurance!!??!!

Anonymous
18-02-02, 11:30 AM
ok for starters do you have to tell them? if so how much do they wack the insurance up by if u remove seats, fit roll cage, strut brace, false floor etc..??? thanx :D

Anonymous
18-02-02, 12:39 PM
yes you do have to declare a roll cage it puts your insureance up quite a bit as well i think

because they think you will be more carless with one

i am on the save for a new motor

Anonymous
18-02-02, 08:25 PM
hmmmmmmm dunno on insurance cos i asked about one for me and privilege said that aslong as it didnt put my internal mods budget over then it wouldnt affect my insurance in the slightest. (aint sure if age affects this tho, 26 does have its benefits)

Bends were made to rule and rules were made to bend

Anonymous
19-02-02, 12:16 PM
I've got a cage and no rear seats etc, didn't put my insurance up at all! Thought it would cos some companies think you will drive it harder cos you've got a cage to protect you. I'm with Flux, but I couldn't comment on other companies.

Anonymous
19-02-02, 01:53 PM
hmm Adrian Flux won't allow my mate to put a cage in his car :-/ i enquired to CIS about a "purely presentational roll cage" and they said it was ok ;)

Anonymous
20-02-02, 11:22 AM
i'm with CIS and if the above is true then i might do it... always been a worry on the insurance front with race-bread mods...;)