PDA

View Full Version : Dump Valve

FLAT_ERIC
28-05-07, 12:04 AM
CAN I PUT A DUMP VALVE ON A 1.8 TDI IF YES COULD SOMONE TELL ME THE MAKE AND MODEL OF IT CHEERS:thumb:

Ash
28-05-07, 12:25 AM
:confused: a 1.8TDi - thats not a nova engine i know of...

anyway, any turbo engine petrol or diesal will have a dump valve, most of the time you can't hear it as its a low compression or slow release, something like that. Any way i guess you want to hear it go 'ttssskkk' when you change gear/let off. To do this buy an after market DV and replace the standard one.

FLAT_ERIC
28-05-07, 12:36 AM
Yeh Your Right It Is For A Vw Vento Not A Nova And Your Right I Would Love To Here It Go Psssss On Gear Change I Can Not Hear Any Noise From The One I Have At The Moment But Thats Because Its Standard So What Must I Order And From Where Cheers For Getting Back To Me

Ash
28-05-07, 12:51 AM
your vento will be a 1.9TDi. iirc dump vavles are universal, look out for forge and other name like that on ebay. Or talk to The Derv Doctor.

Amazing what google can do these days...

PS. its it not hard work typing like that?

ad4m
28-05-07, 01:21 AM
what u gotta do is buy the biggest dump valve u can so u get a big psssssssssssssssssssssssss noise or get a microphone and speak into that and goo psssss its cheaper

Ste L
28-05-07, 11:55 AM
dump valves works differernt on td's than petrol engines...

and its cost's a hell of alot more tofit one, usually need a microswitch to make the valve open etc etc

Ste L
28-05-07, 11:56 AM
http://www.zen19051.zen.co.uk/prod01.htm

Kinky Monza
28-05-07, 12:26 PM
Take a look at diesel-talk.co.uk, dedicated to deisels, and there's plenty of guys on there that've done the same thing!

Philsutton
29-05-07, 08:19 PM
Dump valves are gay anyway, even if it does sound the sh*t on gear changes it will still sound like a tractor inbetween an people will laugh, i know i would. I took my exhaust off so didnt have to listen to mine.