PDA

View Full Version : digital dash

wings
27-05-07, 04:24 PM
Hi,

Iv been offerd a dash but it dosent come with a transducer. Can i use the one of my old speedo if it has onelol????

thanks

staggy_gsi
27-05-07, 09:45 PM
if youve just got standard clocks then your car wont have a transducer, it will have a cable. the transducer is an electronic part that fits on your gearbox

maccas
27-05-07, 10:10 PM
injection models have a transducer to tell the ecu the road speed, but i think that you need the correct transducer for teh digital dash

maccas

wings
27-05-07, 10:57 PM
injection models have a transducer to tell the ecu the road speed, but i think that you need the correct transducer for teh digital dash

maccas

iv got a 1.2i so what transducer would i need or use the same one. The lads selling the dash 2morrow night if i dont let him know

maccas
27-05-07, 11:19 PM
you need a transducer from either an 8v astra gte or a 16v whichever the dash came from, you will also need the loom aswell, so i would let it go and wait for one to come up with all the bits included with it, the astra transducer will screw into the top of ur 1.2spi transducer where the speedo cable goes now, all will come clear when you get one, hope this helps

maccas

wings
29-05-07, 05:41 PM
Thanks for all the help mate. Iv just bought a astra gte lcd dash complete with the matching transducer and all the wiring plugs.

Whats the loom is this something else i gotta get :)

Iain
29-05-07, 05:47 PM
Whats the loom is this something else i gotta get :)

The wiring that comes out the back of the clocks, sounds like you've got everything you need already.

wings
29-05-07, 05:52 PM
thanks