PDA

View Full Version : help needed a.s.a.p for uncle's pride and joy

ianglanister
27-05-07, 12:32 AM
i know this aint a nova however thought some machanics might be on here with ideas. my uncle bought the trd wrc gt4(which they won the rally with) 300bhp engine all racing spec etc. the lad before him put full kit etc on it and 66lb of nos. but here is the problem (a message he sent me on my space::

Right, can you have a think about this and let me know your thoughts.
Last Friday night I drove from Manchester to Rhyl in the GT4, absolutly fine. She was perfect, had to keep lifting off because she always wants to sit at 100.
Saturday morning she started fine and had a short drive, same Saturday afternoon.
Saturday evening put ?20 unleaded in to about 10 ltrs already in and set off back to Manchester. As we left the forecourt she shuddered, but drove on fine. About five miles later the power started to drop and within seconds the engine died. I managed to coast into a layby but she wouldn't restart. The engine turned over fine until the battery ran out.
I got a garage in rhyl to come out, and he decided to tow it back to his garage. On the way he managed to bump it a couple of times but when he gave it some revs the engine died again. When we got it back to rhyl it was ticking over and reversed into the garage under its own power.
Problem now is that
on the way into the garage the so called mechanic scrathed a bit of the kit and went off his head because I had attitude, so after a brief argument I too my car back. I didn't get to try anything till monday, still wouldn't start, one of the fuel pipe clips was a bit loose so I tightend it, the oil was low so i topped it up, got jump leads on her and still wouldn't go, got a tow and still wouldn't go.
I have been told to check for a spark, but after that I really don't know where to look next.

any help for him greatly appreaciated!!
Ian

burgo
27-05-07, 03:19 AM
any chance of translating that into english please?

burgo
27-05-07, 03:20 AM
and as for the problem surely its obvious. he put fuel in and it ****ed up. therefore its obviously dodgy fuel

gazz
27-05-07, 10:18 AM
proberly put diesel in it..:D

big gra
27-05-07, 11:03 AM
proberly put diesel in it..:D

thats what i was thinking! try draining the fuel and re-filling it!

gazz
27-05-07, 11:11 AM
easy done..i done it on works van before,put petrol in instead of diesel..
cost ?450 to have it sorted..lol

dannyb
27-05-07, 11:31 AM
Does it need higher octane petrol?

paddy138
28-05-07, 12:12 AM
most of them yokes run on high octane. since he has ordinary unleaded in at about 98 octane points were they usually run on about 101 102 octane points

muzzy
28-05-07, 01:11 PM
i would think that it would run on high octane and if it was normal unleaded then its not going to like that much. it will most likely be something to do with the fuel if it happened streight after

Mike
28-05-07, 01:14 PM
most of them yokes run on high octane. since he has ordinary unleaded in at about 98 octane points were they usually run on about 101 102 octane points

that wouldnt be suffice for it to not run at all.