PDA

View Full Version : LHD->RHD how do i tell

Anonymous
18-02-02, 02:13 PM
I went looking at a 1300gt the other day as a donor car for my project as the engine has recently been rebuilt. The car is RHD but the lad tells me its been imported from spain years ago and hw doesn?t know if its been converted or not. I will need some of the interior loom for my car as some of mine has been removed for some reason. How do I tell if its been converted from LHD to RHD are there any tell tale signs to spot it straight away!

Thanx in advance

Anonymous
18-02-02, 03:48 PM
the brake servo/dash/stering components will have been changed over. pedals, hhmm, not sure wot else.
ya best askin ste or rob spider

Anonymous
18-02-02, 07:33 PM
well there would be holes/gromits for the clutch cable etc etc to pass through on the wrong side

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
18-02-02, 08:36 PM
steering rack mount has to be moved and it's a safety prob if it ain't been welded properly

wipers wrong way round is the easy way to spot a left hooker

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
19-02-02, 08:41 AM
Thanx guys. I thought the scuttle would probably be the best thing to look at. I saw robs spider at PNG Region 2 meet not long after he got it and i was sure i heard he said he had fitted a single wiper cos they were the other way round!

Im pretty sure its a rhd now cos non of those tell tale signs were visable.

Looks like ive got myself a donor car. :)
The engines goin in next week then !!

Anonymous
19-02-02, 11:21 PM
So you're buying it then?

I didn't think about the wipers/scuttle idea....definitely the easiest way to tell.

It'll be a UK-spec. Corsa GT like I thought.