PDA

View Full Version : novavan diesel to turbo diesel?

Anonymous
16-02-02, 11:32 PM
hi iv'e got a nova van 1.5 diesel and i was wondering if there was anything i could do to the engine to make it faster .ie would a turbo off a 1.5td fit if not how easy is it to fit a petrol engine as the mounts are located in different places cheers :)

Anonymous
17-02-02, 01:39 AM
You should have bought a TD in the first place . . . like I did, standard diesel is shite . . . sorry but true

Anonymous
17-02-02, 11:09 AM
they never did a td van

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
17-02-02, 12:25 PM
i was told the isuzi engine was fitted with a low blow turbo, so i would have sugested fitting the turbo off one and then u would have been laffing

only i went out clubbing last nite, and when i woke up at my mates house he had got bored lol and fitted a boost gauge to my veccy 1.7td

we went for a blast and the guage shot up to about 7/8psi

we went expecting that.

u would be better of fitting the turbo lump
u would be even better off fitting the 1.7td lump (i bet that would fucking fly) the engines are basicaly yhr same apart from the internals so u wouldnt have a wieght disadvantage

we discussed this in chat once and everybody apart from cambridge laffed at me when i said a 1.7td nova would fucking shift.

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
17-02-02, 03:46 PM
yup, get the 1.7td out of a cav or sumit, shouldnt so so snail like with plenty of torque :)

Anonymous
17-02-02, 03:53 PM
get a frontera 2.3 td :)

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
17-02-02, 07:45 PM
so if i was to get a 1.7td engine out of a cav would it fit straight in ,or all the mounts different

cheers for the replys

Anonymous
18-02-02, 09:37 AM
fits in fine it's the same size.... u would need to fit intercooler

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
18-02-02, 05:46 PM
i reckon i will do that then cheers :)

nobody will take my 5door nova lol :)

Anonymous
18-02-02, 07:21 PM
well played

the intercooler is bolted on the side of the radiator although u might get away with using the nova setup??

the engine is basiacly the same actual engine block so u wont have that much work

take yours out and drop this one in

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
18-02-02, 07:58 PM
would it also be possible to fit a dump valve? :-/

nobody will take my 5door nova lol :)

Anonymous
19-02-02, 08:47 PM
yes but theres no point what so ever

Micky@novaload.net