PDA

View Full Version : cage n seats

Anonymous
17-02-02, 08:21 PM
I have been fed up of carting fat mates round n the missus mate here n there,so with my 1400(that Im picking up on sunday,and that Ive been spending money on bits for already) I am considering a rollcage(demon tweeks seem best price) and a set of buckets,I had a bit of a look round today and thumbed thru my magazines,and I was considering some clubman(by cobra or corbeau) seats but they seem really far leaned back,I then looked at the very sexy forza sport 2000s,but the look very wide-I do not know what seats would fit in the nova best,or what is best for livin with as Ive never sat in one b4,hows people on the site finding buckets?-and is it annoying not being able to carry more than 1 person?

sideskirts soon

Anonymous
17-02-02, 10:04 PM
I got a couple of Corbeau (black) seats plus OMP harnesses that need to find a new home if it helps you:). Stripping out is a cool thing to do cos you will lose about 40kg of weight and make your car's acceleration better. Roll cages stiffen the body and make it handle better. Bucket seats are a pain if you are jumping in and out regularly but once in and strapped up they are suprisingly comfortable and give a much nicer and more secure feel when you are having a rag around.
Not having other peeps in wiv you? Its the only way to race!

Anonymous
17-02-02, 10:42 PM
yea i wana do that to mine soon, cuase i want more accelrationa and really feel the difference with a couple of peeps in the back as well and one in the front!!! soooooooooo slooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww until i reach top end forth, third gear is so much more punchy with knowone in the back!! in fact all the gears are !!

Anonymous
18-02-02, 02:13 PM
I've stripped out the back seats in mine and have got a cage. Both make a noticeable difference to weight and handling. Im putting buckets in mine soon and are having the same problem of knowing what to get. Sidewinders are at the top of my list but i wanna try b4 i buy! It's great not having the hassle of anyone in the back!

Anonymous
18-02-02, 02:18 PM
Get propper buckets, FIA approved etc are normally about 7kg each as apposed to 25kg. Thats a big difference. try buying the ones CP mentioned, they are mint.

Anonymous
18-02-02, 05:53 PM
cp how much??? also ask mc :-) can't contact him! breeny may seel me his :-)

why go slow if u can go fast! :-)

Anonymous
19-02-02, 01:55 AM
I just put Clubmans in mine and was well surprised how comfy they are. Much lighter than my old seats, and with out my back seats you can really tell the difference. Also you feel so much more secure.