PDA

View Full Version : how 2 get max torque out of sri

Anonymous
17-02-02, 07:28 PM
hi, ive heard that torgue is more important than bhp, or sumthin like that, so how can i get all of the torgue out of my sri (1.4 kn filter exhaust system, de catted)

Anonymous
17-02-02, 07:59 PM
hhmm, now thats hard to explain becuase bhp is directly linked to torque, but what people mean is that if your engine has plenty of torque at lower rpm, its a god thing.

Anonymous
17-02-02, 08:50 PM
ok, how do i get more torgue at lower rpm then??

Anonymous
17-02-02, 10:26 PM
Check out the technical articles on MIG for an explanation. To improve torque you will basically be improving power using the normal ways of tuning that are often discussed - head work, bigger carbs, better zorsts, cam changes etc. Torque curves (ie where peak torque occurs and how much it is) can be altered to a degree by tuning cams, zorsts etc but if you want to significantly up your torque you will need to tune for xtra power as above. Tuning for torque will require time spent on the rolling road trying things out. If you want to know more about this subscribe to CCC where this sort of tuning is covered regularly.

Torque is the ability of the engine to turn the wheels against a load rather like you using your strength to turn a nut with a spanner.You can apply more torque by using more strength (ie the cars ability to generate explosive power from burning petrol)or by using a longer spanner to increase leverage (ie an engine with longer conrods giving more leverage at the crank). Horsepower is the rate of work and is basically an index for comparitive purposes. It doesn't exist as real force whereas torque does.

I think!..:)

Anonymous
17-02-02, 11:46 PM
to get good torque low down (but loose top end power) is to restict the exhaust at the manifold ie a slighly smaller bore than normal 4-2-1 manifold :)

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
18-02-02, 07:59 PM
so u whoop their a#se to 60, then get pi##ed on!!! :D