PDA

View Full Version : Oil coolers

Anonymous
17-02-02, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna fit one. Anyone know a cheap easy source of oil coolers that'll fit a 1.4?

Anonymous
17-02-02, 11:04 PM
CP theres on on nova trader under (FS) Rally Parts.. or Demon Tweeks do them at a reasonable price.

I was going to post a thread about these, as my mate has one in his garage that i can have. :D
What are the benefits of fitting one? if it cools the oil too much, does it then become harmful for the engine, as it doesnt allow the oil to lubricate properly?

Any advise appreciated :)

Ben.

:D Twin 40's on the way :D

Anonymous
17-02-02, 11:50 PM
you have to get the correct oilistat (a thermostat for oil surprsingly) so that oil only flows through the cooler when its gone above a certain temp.

yes your right in thinking that it can do more harm than good. cool oil is a bad thing.

the correct temp is on mig in a similar discussion, but i think its about 110 deg C

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
18-02-02, 09:39 AM
maybe the parts off a 2.0 16v with the oil cooler take off plate

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
18-02-02, 10:47 AM
i was tempted to get 1 of those shitty 1's that ripspeed seel that simply go over you oil filter cuz there cheapish and look funky, but seems a waste of money to me. how do the usual type work cuz i dont see the type iv seen would work so well!!

Anonymous
18-02-02, 11:05 AM
its just a rad for oil. simple as that :)

your right the ones that go over the oil filter are for show and dont really do much.

Im a Corporate tart :D