PDA

View Full Version : Might not be going to P V S

kronk10
25-05-07, 09:38 PM
:mad: After looking forward to pvs this year iam on the verge of beating my to death with a big stick of some discription. My cabs have done it again packed up on me and its pretty undrivable. Woest of all is that my tuner has gone mobile and doesnt have a unit with a rolling road:mad: so he keeps saying he will come out to it but is ultra unreliable. A few weeks ago i was having doubts about going as my car upclose is getting tatty and needs a respray all these things are a bummer. The only good thing happeing this week is iam getting some sandblasted cavvy slabs with good tyres and iam gonna paint them white. but knowing my luck something will cock up. Fingers crossed my tuner will come down and sort my **** car out before pvs:cry:

Philsutton
25-05-07, 09:52 PM
Thats no good, whats up with the carbs? They dont normally just go out, sure its not something stupid thats decided to play up.

Adam
25-05-07, 09:57 PM
Whats wrong with it?
I wouldn't be taking it back to the same place again if they keep playing up....

kronk10
26-05-07, 06:30 AM
Dunno but it seems like they go out of balance every couple of months. I am gonna get my normal tuner to sort them hopefully this week then i will be off to anouther place just off the a52 in stapleford. They mainly deal with french cars:p but i had a chat with the owner and he says bring it down NEXT WEEK so if my normal tuner cant come out this week no ****ing pvs:mad: :cry: what did happen though was after a while it wont hold revs sometimes cuts out and pops and farts all the time. I know carbs do this sometimes but it was doing it all the time it sounded like it had the squits not happy at all

Stuart
26-05-07, 07:55 AM
sounds like a bent spindle to me..

Dan
26-05-07, 08:33 AM
yep have to agree, how tight do you have the throttle cable set, and how much travel is left on the linkage when you have the throttle fully open. People assume its all down to a few jets and a tune etc but to make them last and not bend stuff it goes beyond that.

All the little bits help, thats how i left mine for 3 years and wasted money on a tune it didnt really need at the end of that term.

Adam
26-05-07, 05:09 PM
They can't physically go out of balance, as long as Everything stays nipped up tightly.
The balance screw cant move itself, unless the spring on it works loose.

I fitted mine in February, set the balance/idle mix with a screwdriver and a piece of hose pipe lol, and ive not touched them since, and tbh they've been great.

kronk10
26-05-07, 05:42 PM
To be homest i dont know what all this means it does seem that something is wrong but i dont know. It is really geting me down my tuner fitted me a knew throttl cable etc and just thinking about it the ismall screw inbetween the carbs connected to the throttle is always moving. Its the screw you turn and it affects the idle revs???? that has to be it i have always had probs with that. One morning i gave my car some beans and after i dipped the clutch it strated over revving i played with that screw and it sorted it. Bummer how do i fix this it has to be the problem???:cry:

Adam
26-05-07, 05:59 PM
The idle screw is vertical and stops the linkage(letting the engine idle)
The balance screw is on the linkage itself, in between the carbs.

kronk10
26-05-07, 06:29 PM
The idle screw is vertical and stops the linkage(letting the engine idle)
The balance screw is on the linkage itself, in between the carbs.

It must be that then the balance screw when i play with it the revs change if i turn it anti clockwise the revs drop but if i turn it clockwise they go up. Theres also for screws on the carbs themselves 2 on each big round ones that my tuner said not to touch so i did in frustration:confused: what should i do to weeks ago i asked him to come out the following saturday he said he should be able to but didnt say yes. But he did say he would ring me and let me know for deffo. So saturday goes nad no ring i txt him numerous times no answer. Then when i ring him he says he feels bad for not coming he was mega busy. Thats why he dindt txt or ring unacceceptable in my eyes, but i kept my cool and said please come down when you can but deffo before the 3rd of june he still hasnt txt or rang to confirm anything he doesnt have my address so he cant just turn up. This is the final straw if i cant go to pvs because of him iam ditching him for anouther tuner!!!!:mad:

kronk10
26-05-07, 06:30 PM
Anyone heard of prima racing in stapleford i valet a porcshe right next door to them and they look really good. They have a rolling road the lot, but they mainly do french cars thinking of getting my car setup there hopefully before pvs:wtf:

Dan
26-05-07, 06:39 PM
i dont understand the hang up on these people only doing french cars :confused: carbs are carbs, they are only tuned in one way and it doesnt matter what car they are on lol if thats your only problem then you dont have one reading that :thumb:

kronk10
26-05-07, 11:04 PM
yeah i know but i worry like a fart when it comes to me car i deeffo think its the balance screw playing up but i just wanna get them setup on a rolling road again before pvs so i will see what i can do. fingers crossed things work out:thumb:

Stuart
27-05-07, 12:07 AM
stop being gay, take it to the "french car place" and be done with it.

kronk10
27-05-07, 04:43 PM
stop being gay, take it to the "french car place" and be done with it.
lol
Iam gay and proud:tard:lol i will take it to the french car place just dont know when might not be this week.