PDA

View Full Version : OIL PUMPS help!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 08:00 PM
i have a 1300 sr with a road race cam and a weber carb but the only problem is that my tappets keep on going. this is now the 2nd motor ive trashed and i only had it in 4 3 weeks both engines have done EXACTLY the same thing. ne ideas why?

i think the oil pumps may not be up 2 much and when the engine is bein heavily beaten ( which it often is) the oil cant get pumped back 2 the top of the engine quick enough and this is causing the hydraulic tappets to go all the time. wot do ya recon?

does ne 1 do an upgraded oil pump 4 the 1300?

cheers

match

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 08:59 PM
i fitted a piper cam to my bro's 1.4 sri, never changed the pump and he's had no probs and he thrashes the s**t out of it !!

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
17-02-02, 12:21 PM
i never changed mine either although they do make more noise than normal with a performance cam fitted.

u sure u fitted new followers and stuff?

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
17-02-02, 10:51 PM
The pump maybe gone (see Haynes to check for wear) but its not common. More likely you are getting starvation by either the mesh on the pickup being clogged or excessive swash of oil around the sump causing starvation under cornering and or braking forces. It might be worth investigating different sump pans - some are better designed than others.

Apparently oil starvation isn't as important as oil over heating. Maybe try fitting an oil cooler??