PDA

View Full Version : Mk 1 Astra Help???

Anonymous
16-02-02, 12:05 AM
Anyone help with the Following:- My m8's doing a Mk Astra 1300S Up from scratch, We bought the shell couple ov weeks back (600 mile trip) and its got a rebuilt engine in it but it's not wired up, Engines out ov an 88 Cavalier 1.8i(Jetronic) Anybody know anything at all about wiring the engine up? Any help at all will be very useful as we,ve hit a brick wall, Dont think we have an Ecu 4 it either, The lad knows more about it than me im no good at all with electrics so forgive me if i sound clueless.

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 03:15 AM
right, u need the ECU for start, and the engine loom, without that u have no chance!!!

the engine loom then needs wiring into ur main loom, to power the injection unit, also the car must have a fuel pump and injection tank as the 1300 wouldnt have had these!!!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 11:24 AM
We are going to get a tank from An Mk1 Astra Gte tday wid fuel pump, we have the Ecu and also the engine loom, but how or where do u start to wire the loom into the Astra Harness????

Anonymous
16-02-02, 03:54 PM
red/blue or blue > fuel pump +
brown > ground
red > 12v constant
black > 12v ignnition switched

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
16-02-02, 05:39 PM
Yeah we worked that out at the scrappy today Ste,Found a cavvy wid same engine so we took fuel pump off it, we also found a Mk1 Astra Gte so we took fuel tank aswell, got a few other bits and he only charged us ?15 :D, Should have all the bits neede to make it run now, Should all the stuff we got tday run wid that engine?