PDA

View Full Version : Pizzzzzzed offff -- plz help

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 06:23 PM
I keep finding new crowbar marks hear there and everywhere (well two) on my nova. Went to my girlfriends the other night and a red vectra pulled up behind thought nothing of it. Got upstairs and the alarm goes off :confused: . by the time I got downstairs there was no one about. Had a look and the only difference was the fact that the rubber on the drivers door had moved down in the corner like something had been poked through ...

I was away 1 minute.. What can I do to stop people steeling my car? Gunna get a cercular steering lock and and some extra sensers here and there.

Its de-locked all round, tinted and a cat-1 alarm. No to mention a golf club hurling mainiac running towards whoever trys it on lol.

ideas?

olix99
24-05-07, 06:28 PM
proximity sensor alarm ? clifford style ?

L14MNP
24-05-07, 06:31 PM
I read about someone on here IIRC who split the door skins and added box section to stop them being bent downward, seems drastic but very effective? Could get that clear security film on the windows so they can't be shattered from the outside, remove door pins if you still have them, decent alarm and as you say a a disclock, Also could clamp it, removed dizzy cap etc?
Depends if they want the car or the possesions really mate!
Ar$eholes aren't they!
There was a 3dr Sierra Cosworth around here years ago that had 3 clamps, it was dragged onto a recovery truck and took that way :(
At least that's what the paint on the ground looked like!

partytownsri
24-05-07, 06:33 PM
i've also put plates in the doors to stop any1 putting something down the door and unlocking it and i've also removed the bars that go to the door pop up thingys, so they cant open the doors when they bend the doors back and also a snap-off steering wheel as steering locks are ****.
but if they really want your car they will get into it.mike

Philsutton
24-05-07, 06:34 PM
put land mines all round the car, but only you know where they are

Nick
24-05-07, 06:37 PM
If someone wants it, they'le have it !

Kill switches are a good idea. Locate a switch in a secret locationg (under seat, dash e.t.c) that cuts the power supply to the ignition or fuel pump.

^If it's an SRi it's probably not best to disconnect the battery with a flick switch. The fuel pump is the best bet.

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 06:48 PM
tis an xe

Stuart
24-05-07, 06:55 PM
tbh you cant stop people wanting to break into your car. and tbh the tougher you make itfor them, the harder they will try and therefore do more damage.....

we had this problem in uni where lots of cars would get damaged most nights. Solution.... we took all valuables from the cars, immobilised them with various ways (use your imagination ;) ) and left them unlocked. We watched the scroats get in, have a look about and get out after finding nothing of value, they soon got bored of this hobby and fecked off to another street

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 07:12 PM
i suppose ure right. Gunna take that lock pins out, it's tinted so the glass shudnt go through. Also gunna connect the lights and horn to alarm and install a second alarm just for a suprise with honker inside the car :thumb:

dannyb
24-05-07, 07:24 PM
tis an xe
Do people know its an XE? Just a thought, but an XE Nova would be a joyriders wet dream, easy to rob and quick. Maybe thats why they want it...
The hidden switch sounds like a good, quick fix until you can get some better security, the in-car horn sounds like a good idea! Steering wheel locks only really deter kiddy thieves round this way though, and any of the gear lever to handbrake ones are absolutely useless.

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 07:35 PM
thought the gearlever to handbrakes were good ones?

yes people know its a xe but its not the only one about.

its got cat 1 alarm and inobo at mo, delocked too. which helps?

Eastham
24-05-07, 07:41 PM
wire the fuel pump to ur side lights? my mates do that

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 07:47 PM
so then u have to drive with ure lights on all the time?

Eastham
24-05-07, 08:05 PM
jst your sidelights. if they nick it at nite then they wont turn them on till a distance away and by that time its out of juice with it being a valver. mate of mine got his nicked and he found it round the corner because they didnt turn them on. only a suggestion.

FB_evolutions
24-05-07, 08:26 PM
few cans of stella in the tummy and a 9mm works fine for me :)

MyNovaSr
24-05-07, 08:43 PM
ye lol. maybe a hidden switch works better ;)

cooltom31
24-05-07, 09:06 PM
i have a switch wired to my fuel pump.

Ste L
24-05-07, 09:28 PM
take your ecu out, worked for me on my old valver

SRlew
24-05-07, 09:29 PM
few cans of stella in the tummy and a 9mm works fine for me :)

yeh think a few cans of stelle in my tummy will work for me too lol

are those locks that cover the steering wheel any good then?

bigbened
24-05-07, 09:39 PM
magners is a good bet too lol

Nick
24-05-07, 09:51 PM
You can buy these bolt locks that have a special key. They fit around the gear lever so you can effectivly Lock it into Reverse when it's parked.

Probably "pickable" but they wouldn't get far in reverse !

SRlew
24-05-07, 10:00 PM
magners is a good bet too lol

lol yes very true lol

nick yeh iv heard of them, halfrauds do them?

anyone on here using one?

Jack
24-05-07, 10:45 PM
That could shag the gearbox though if someone hits the car when its parked?

Iain
24-05-07, 10:52 PM
are those locks that cover the steering wheel any good then?

I think the locks that cover the wheel completely are better than the single bar through the wheel as the latter can be used to lever the wheel in order to break the steering lock.

That could shag the gearbox though if someone hits the car when its parked?

No more than if the car was parked up normally in gear I'd have thought?

SRlew
24-05-07, 10:54 PM
ah right nice one will look into them then

Adam
24-05-07, 11:00 PM
I leave the car in gear anytime I park.
I have one of those gear lever to handbrake locks, there alrate. I lock it in reverse or 5th.
There easily bypassed tho.

Just immobilise a few circuits, if they cant nick it tho they'll probably just damage the car instead.

Mike
25-05-07, 12:20 AM
Disc locks are good, bu if your unfortunate enough like i was, theyll cut it in half with a blowtorch, un-wire your alarm & rip out your immobiliser without setting the alarm off??? And then bump start it.

All for a set of ?800 alloys+tyres....

FB_evolutions
25-05-07, 12:21 AM
how do u do this fuel pump thingy

Mike
25-05-07, 12:22 AM
how do u do this fuel pump thingy

wire a switch into the live wire to the fuel pump ;)

Adam
25-05-07, 12:22 AM
Disrupt the 12v feed to the pump.

FB_evolutions
25-05-07, 12:25 AM
ill have my mate look into it me and electrics only lead to A&E or K.Oed on the kurb or shorting on mycarbattery my gorgous bretling watch to my wrist yeh i still have a lovely outline :P

and u had a point on about them nicking things

these scum bags do it dailey they know the game and the score if the lil pricks want summit off a car thy will find away of getting it

Mike
25-05-07, 12:27 AM
You wear a Brietling whilst working on a car?

FB_evolutions
25-05-07, 12:29 AM
urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm noooooooooooo ;) lol

i forgot take it off lol - althow the pycho ex found it rather funny while the watch sorta burnt thru my skin all she did is say o thats what happends if them to touch - god dam the blonde ones - i wud love watch her change a battery make my day

FB_evolutions
25-05-07, 12:37 AM
You wear a Brietling whilst working on a car?

o i wantedsay cheers for helping me chose my ashley exhaust ur right bit of poke at 5 grand does pop a nice lil flame ill get a vid a.s.a.p and put it up

Stuart
25-05-07, 07:59 AM
FB, lose the text typing.

Teggy
25-05-07, 08:24 AM
been reading through this thread. move house i live on a farm leave my car unlocked by mistake most days lol with no alarm

draper
25-05-07, 09:04 AM
if someones following youtrying to get in your car id take the wheels off and leave it on axle stands whenever you park up - someone really wants your car by the sounds of it

Jack
25-05-07, 10:43 AM
been reading through this thread. move house i live on a farm leave my car unlocked by mistake most days lol with no alarm
pmsl, thats like my Nova on Alex's farm. I always lock the drivers door, but only realised the other day I never lock the passenger one. Nobody around to nick it though, not like you can hotwire it... and you'd have to shift a few tons of farm equipment if you wanted to tow it away lol

Jim Mcrae
25-05-07, 11:48 AM
get one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Iain
25-05-07, 11:51 AM
get one of these!

You would be THE COOLEST person any ANY cruise with those.

Teggy
25-05-07, 01:43 PM
get one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

now that would stop them cant be good for your paint work lol

craig green
25-05-07, 01:44 PM
Just sit in it one night in the dark. Shine a torch in their faces when they arrive. That might deter them.

or provoke them into kicking your head in for the keys!

matthew172
25-05-07, 03:43 PM
or just put a notice inside the car saying this has a hidden tracker and the police are following you!

Lee
25-05-07, 04:40 PM
Once again, i have to link to stickdeath lol

http://www.stickdeath.com/frameset.htm

Go to 'shocked sh1t' and look for 'Anti Auto Theft devices'

MyNovaSr
25-05-07, 08:10 PM
Last of the nova sr's... U must of had a poo alarm if they didnt set it off or not enough sensors ;) .

if u make it as hard to steal as u can then if it gets nicked ull probably laugh because I dont think they would of found the small indian in the boot wraped with plastic explosiv waitin to blow himself up.

Speed bumps would be a bitch with him in the boot lol lol lol