PDA

View Full Version : Twin Dollerto's?

Anonymous
09-02-02, 11:59 AM
I have noticed that most people, if given the chance will go for weber twin 40's, but i have been offered a set of dollerto's, but can anyone help me, i need more info, why are the webers more popular?

What, if any, advantages do the dollertos have over the webers?

How easy are they to get up & running?

Same sort of powr gains/fuel consumption & so on?

Also, would a head & cam off a 1400SR rally car be suitable to run with the dollertos?? i have also been offered the above for my 1400SR, i NEED MORE POWER!

Cheers for any help, catchas laters.

Mark.

Anonymous
09-02-02, 12:32 PM
Yep very similar to weber's, same idea, just different label.
The rally stuff...
well i wouldnt go for the cam as rally cams r a **** when it comes to drvability, the head should be ok.
Id go for the head, get a fast road cam, and the dellerto's!!!

Anonymous
09-02-02, 12:59 PM
I think Dellorto's are down draft whereas the Webers are side draft but i'm not sure?

Anonymous
09-02-02, 01:32 PM
Mark,
Dan (A-N-T) has these on his car, so might be worth popping into the chatroom and having a word with him, if he doesn't reply to this post!

Chris

chrisward@netlineuk.net
Red MK2 Nova 1.4 SR

Anonymous
10-02-02, 02:16 PM
dellortoes are a more refined carb if set up right and jetted right(you will need a rolling road session to get tuned and jetted properly for engine), they can be fine tuned abit more than the weber carbs due to more adjustments, same kinda power etc etc, just like dicko said, similar thing just diffent label, as for the rally stuff again get the head but look into cams and try to get one like the fast road cam for everyday road use, ask wot cam it is cos the engine might not be wildly tuned so cam could be ok. I think that lot of gabble should be of some use :)

Bends were made to rule and rules were made to bend

Anonymous
10-02-02, 08:09 PM
Am I right in thinking that Dellortos don't have the same (or as good)accelerator pump jet arrangement that Webers have?

Rally cam? Get it - I honestly don't think you'll have anything to worry about.Find out the lift and duration - should have duration figs of around 300 deg. and lift of over 12mm. Prob an Enem cam - they are s'posed to be the ones to have. This will run fine at all points except that you will need to drop a gear and get it revving well over 3000 b4 you notice the power feeding in. Once it does come in it'll just keeping building way on up to 7000 +. Make sure you've got a performance zorst etc.
Power?? over 100 at the fly? Consumption - if you're asking that question don't bother doing it

Anonymous
11-02-02, 06:37 PM
i was told rally cams r pants for road use. u cant get it to idle properly, sometimes cuts out on idle.....
jus wot iv herd though

Anonymous
12-02-02, 04:26 PM
I heard simalar things but your engine would have to able to stand higher revs than norm!so if a old one don't bother with the cam!
Carbs fine thought bit better I say Webber just a name like Nike,Rockford,Hugo boss!

All do same job just less well know but with more features.AS for up draft depend on the inlet mainfold I think!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 12:13 AM
rally cams tend to make the idle a little rougher due to their nature.. If youre car is running right, it wont cut out anyway, but it can exacerbate existing problems. The cam will usually shift power up the rev range a bit as well - usually feel a 'kick' come in at 3-4k and go all the way to 6k, rather than starting to run out of power at 5-5.5K. A good condition std bottom end will be fine to 6.5k regularly anyways - after that start thinking about ARP big end bolts

Anonymous
16-02-02, 05:10 PM
OMG thats why i blew my engine up......... reving it past 7500 rpm !!

hehehehehehehe

my cam doesnt event cut in till 5000 rpm

with my 40's on?????????
ill let u know in the week ;)