PDA

View Full Version : what are these sensors?

alan b
24-05-07, 03:10 PM
ive been taking apart my x16xe loom at the moment and ive found to small black square things that look like they were over on the passenger strut somewhere,, they have two vacuums going into each of them, where do these vacuums cum from? do i need these things? the wires seem to be going into a little black plug beside the ecu, where does that plug go to and do i need? i want to get rid of anythin un neccesary on the loom, just to say aswell i dont have an "airpump" thingy anymore and the manifold i have does not have the valve thing on it! the guy i bought engine off didnt have manifold but i got a c16xe one since cheers. not my engine but this is one of the sensors
http://file028b.bebo.com/6/large/2007/05/24/14/414601182a4471890194b11256947l.jpg

Adam
24-05-07, 05:38 PM
You cant strip the loom down at all, if you remove the air injection/egr wires or anything the ecu light will be permanent on.
Over by the passenger strut its probably the air injection vacuum valve, you need that.

alan b
25-05-07, 12:47 AM
i no ya im leaving the egr in and connected but i didnt think the air pump was connected to the ecu? i dont have the valve on the exhaust but if i keep the sensor will it b ok?

Adam
25-05-07, 01:01 AM
Ye, you dont need the exhaust valve or the pump itself.
But you need the air pump relay, and the vacuum valve(bolted to turret)

alan b
25-05-07, 01:04 AM
wheres that relay? and if i dont have the valve what vacum would i put on the sensors?

alan b
25-05-07, 01:07 AM
just foun out where the other one goes, it goes to the side of the inlet manifold, it it bolted to it and has a two pin plug, a vacumm coming off the inlet goes into it, these two vacum sensors and map sensor, can i get those off a vectra 1.6 16v? cos the nipples for the vacum pipes are broke on them all!

Adam
25-05-07, 01:10 AM
The thing bolted to the side of the inlet is the fuel tank vent valve, you need that plugged in too.

The air injection relay is a brown relay with thick wires, right next to the ecu plugs.