PDA

View Full Version : FITTED ALTERNATOR NOW , NON- START

Anonymous
15-02-02, 09:38 AM
What is going on, yesterday i fitted another alternator to my mota because the charging was crap and it was drawing power from the battery when not running.
simple you say !
alternator was on in no time all wires back on belt back on, tightened etc etc, put the batt terminals back on.
now that was easy
i proceed to turn over the car, she turns and turns until i realise we have no spark.
what the fcuk ?
novatech said change the crankshaft sensor. 2 mins later thats done, still no-go !
help me
replies much appreciated

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
15-02-02, 09:53 AM
Have you had a prob with your electrics b4 the alternator packed up? Could it be that something has shorted out and damaged some parts? I've had alternators go but never had them draining the battery when not running. The times I've had the battery drain is cos of lights and ignition etc demands whilst the engine is running and the alternator hasn't been charging. Just a thought sorry:(

Anonymous
15-02-02, 10:56 AM
New points?!
Condenser fcked??

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
15-02-02, 07:56 PM
if ur battery is loosing power when not running its a short, or something else is using the batery, nothing do with ur alternator, unless that is shorting out.
and i spose youv defo checked ur earth on the alt?

Anonymous
15-02-02, 11:07 PM
I know all the earths on a c20xe into a nova after this week! they are:-
1 to the block from the battery, 2 to the fuel rail off the ECU loom, 1 from the alternator to the alternator mounting bracket, 1 from the battery- to the bulkhead, 1 from the gear box to the chassis leg and 1 from the main in car loom to the chassis leg. Hope this helps, Rick

off for paint on the 25th!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 03:23 PM
i have sussed it !!!
broken wire in the loom near the gearbox !
down side is it has fried my ecu (grp n)
bollx !
oh well have to get tb's sooner !

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!