PDA

View Full Version : is 1.0 carb faster than 1.2i

Anonymous
13-02-02, 09:58 AM
The subject is the question, someone said this and i'm wondering if its true or not!
If so, by how much????

Anonymous
13-02-02, 10:03 AM
you cant honeslty be comparing a 1.0 to a 1.2? basically their both slow and shouldnt be raced at all. their for either old women or young kids waitin till they can get the valva in it. either way not for racing.

Anonymous
13-02-02, 10:29 AM
the 1.0ohv engine is lifted from the chevvete!

they are noisy as fuck and prone to blowing up when tuned (i had one with a ported head lmao)

if i had to choose then i would pick a 1.2i for the simple fact that a valver can be dropped in easier)

i would not buy a 1.0 if i was planning to thrash it, also most 1.0`s will be well fucked by now and will be a lot slower than they should meaning the 1.2i would probably snail its way past

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
13-02-02, 11:08 AM
i got a 1.0L, all i can afford on insurance till i build up ncb (1st yrs hopefully in June), ive done 10k in it since June and it still running strong with 93k on clock.

Im not just saying this coz i own a 1.0L, obviously it aint gonna touch a valver or the SR engines, but for what it is, it is very quick. The factory outputs 993cc, i can get 95 outta mine which i thinks pretty good personally for such a small engine.

With a K & N and a half decent backbox, its a nippy little runaround that shouldnt be knocked till tried!

Port grinding the head on one is jus madness micky :p

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

novagrant@talk21.com

""Formally Novaheat 612""

Anonymous
13-02-02, 12:14 PM
i've got a standard 1.0 and for whatit is it goes. it's got 70k on the clock has fcuk all in the way of emmsisions (0.58% CO) and i can pull a ton in it!!! 0-60 in about 12 secs.

Anonymous
13-02-02, 02:04 PM
lmao my 1.0 is quite quick 33 in 1st 55 in 2nd 70 in 3rd 105 in 4th about the same as my 1.2i

145 tyres help the top speed ;)

p.s. it's easier to fit a 16v into a 1.0 :D

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
13-02-02, 10:48 PM
I've driven both and if both the 1.0 and 1.2i are of similar age and mileage, then there's little in it, if anything at all.

The 1.2i is smoother though and picks up well.
To be honest....it's years and years since I drove the 1.0 so can't remember that much about it.
I only remember that the 1.2i (that I passed my test in) didn't seam any more powerful (which it isn't of course....same 45ish as the 1.0).

btw....the ones I drove where both saloons....the 1.0 being a 2 door and the 1.2i being a 4 door.
They also both had the 4-speed box so were evenly matched.

As for reliability, a woman near me has an F-plate 1.0 2-door saloon and it's never let her down. She's had it since it was almost new too. She even had it's rust repaired and had a full re-spray last year! Shows how mush she loves it :O

Anonymous
14-02-02, 12:18 AM
nowt wrong with a 1.2 (nowt right either) but its good enough for the time being :P lmao

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
14-02-02, 01:23 PM
1.2 carb is quicker still!
I'd say 1.2i just a bit quicker&would be in much better nick if thinking of getting one!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 09:20 AM
i've got a k plate 1.2i and its quick enough with the backbox and ecotek valve so i can't complain... it easily killed my mates 1.0l but i don't know what work has been done to it before i got it....

I want a 1.6 or 2.0litre but @ 17 i'm sticking with mine... as i see it aslong as your car is in generally good nick then you can always get more power when you have the no-claims dicount...

You can still piss about in a 1.2 and the handlin is just as good coz its got a full suspension 60mm drop and 5.5inch wide rims.

P.S i love my Nova and my next car will be the one i've got no with a big engine and better brakes

Anonymous
16-02-02, 01:43 PM
sounds silly this, but, what does an ecotek actually do?? what is it, how do i fit one, and where do i buy one??

Anonymous
16-02-02, 02:29 PM
?30-50 from various places. it introduces turbulence into the inlet tract so you get a more efficient burn. its not classed as a performance modification because its more of an economy thing. but they need a new fitting tapped into the inlet on 1.2-1.4's as they only effect cylinders 3 and 4 if fitted in the brake vaccum pipe.

Im a Corporate tart :D