PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems with gsi conversion???

novalovingned
23-05-07, 05:06 PM
well my g/f drives a 1.2 8v corsa b, we bought a accident damaged gsi corsa b now that the bumpers interior etc are in it time for the engine, but we stumbled across a wee problem, the engine mounts are different, i dont mean in shape but the way the attach to the chassis, so i was wondering if we could use the standerd 1.2 8v mounts????

another little promblem is were not running the power steering in the car which means the pump has to come off, but now the belt does not fit due to the belt having to go round the pulley, is there any others that will fit with out the power steering pump being there???? We did think of just running the pump with out anything connected, but this is a bit bodged and it may sease

some input in this would be a great help:)

Ecka

draper
23-05-07, 05:45 PM
just use the GSi mounts ???

novalovingned
23-05-07, 06:28 PM
i cant they dont seem like they go into the chassis the same as the ones that are on the 1.2 hence why i asked will the 1.2 mounts fit the gsi engine!!!!

Riggy
23-05-07, 06:32 PM
iirc the 8v corsa mounts are the same style as the nova and the 16v corsa mount actually fits into the chassis leg doesnt it ?

i would think that the 8v mounts would do it though but there must have been a reason that vauxhall made them different ?

big phil
23-05-07, 06:40 PM
done this conversion on a corsa before mate just use the engine mount of the 8 valve engine lose the pump and get a shorter belt to run just the alernator and bottom pulley, although u you will have to take of the fixed alternator bracket off and put on a adjustable bracket so you can put tension on the belt.

novalovingned
23-05-07, 06:56 PM
yeah the mounts are the same both go into the chassis leg, i did think that the 8v mounts would be suitable just didnt wanna take both engines out to find out they didnt fit,

cheers for the info guys, its cleared up alot:thumb: