PDA

View Full Version : 1400 tuning?

Anonymous
11-02-02, 09:41 AM
Right as everyone will know by now,Im high as kite over buying a 1400 nova mk2,I al looking to increase performance for fast acceleration mainly due to never really getting the chance to go for top speed much,I am looking to be hitting 0-60 in 9sec(ish) I have a weber 32/34 ready to fit,it has a magnex backbox,but will be gaining a full system,what is the most cost effective and yet reliable route to go down?-head work? cams? 4 branch manifold? please help me cos I have some mates buzzing on 1.6 16v cars(rover 25 and fiesta Si) and want to be at meeting their performance,they do not know about this car yet...

sideskirts soon

Anonymous
11-02-02, 10:31 AM
all pv the above!!

Anonymous
11-02-02, 11:27 AM
changing your gear box would give you better acceleration not sure which one would be best for you but you would lose you top end
check with ste as to which one is the best to fit

:D your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments :D

Anonymous
11-02-02, 11:37 AM
the full magnex system will not mate to the magnex backbox

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
11-02-02, 01:09 PM
I would fit a F15 box in from a Corsa nice box hard to find though.

Don't Under estimate a 1.4

Anonymous
11-02-02, 03:01 PM
yea, and make sure its from a corsa sri (f15cr)
fitting a cam would probably be the most cost effective thing to go along with the exhaust and carb!!

Anonymous
11-02-02, 06:12 PM
Why doesnt the magnex system mate up with the back box :O I need some sort of full system,whats a good alrounder for under ?220?

sideskirts soon

Anonymous
12-02-02, 12:32 AM
If you already have a decent back box that your happy with, don't bother getting a whole new system, your best bet would be to get a custom exhaust fitter to do the rest of the system for you.
I imagin powerflow would do this.

Anonymous
12-02-02, 03:14 PM
Yeah powerflow will sot u out no bova,keep yor back box and get them to build the rest ov the system, they are cheap and fit them for nowt, lifetime guarentee's aswell u cant go wrong.

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

Anonymous
16-02-02, 12:09 AM
Definately gearbox mods ...

Get hold of an F13CR box (you may already have one fitted) - check the code on the box itself using the gearbox diagram - Ste has it somewhere on the site). Find out what the final drive ratio is and get hold of a 4.3 or 4.5 CWP. This will lower your final drive and close up the gears as well as dropping them in ratio - top speed will probably be close to 100mph (6k in top) rather than at 5k in top or sometihing similar.

The other route to go down in breathing - get a good air filter on there and a good exhaust manifold & system. Wouldnt bother with a 4 branch as the GTE/GSi manifold is actually pretty good. Then look at fuelling - uprated carb as you mention and maybe cam with greater duration and lift. Bottom end as std is good for 6.5K maybe even 7k revs regularly.