PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom for PDA where can I D/L?

L14MNP
22-05-07, 10:48 PM
As per title, I need this back on my PDA, it wiped it after some ghey critcal error. Don't mind paying if it's only a few quid, but free would be preferable :)

All the links /torrents I've followed are BS

It's for a Dell Axim X3 thing.

Cheers!

Chris
22-05-07, 10:52 PM
TomTom site, costs around ?150iirc

L14MNP
22-05-07, 10:53 PM
Ripping b4stards. I'd rather buy another dedicated TomTom

Cheers mate

wisewood
22-05-07, 10:59 PM
lol once you've bought the software your pda is essentially a tom tom, with other functions.

Stop being tight and pay for the thing.

L14MNP
22-05-07, 11:01 PM
lol once you've bought the software your pda is essentially a tom tom, with other functions.

Stop being tight and pay for the thing.

lol nope, it is nowhere near as esy to use / visible etc as the car units.

I will D/L a trial version, and see if I can get by. Doesn't hurt.

I could buy two Novas with 150 GBP lol

Marie
23-05-07, 04:34 PM
my friend bought the software off someone on ebay. i cant remember who it was, but they just sent him a zip file, then transferred it over. i dont think it cost much.

wisewood
23-05-07, 04:46 PM
sounds illegal.

L14MNP
23-05-07, 04:50 PM
my friend bought the software off someone on ebay. i cant remember who it was, but they just sent him a zip file, then transferred it over. i dont think it cost much.

oh rry? :thumb:

Axe him for me please :D

I see you're local too, nice one :)

Marie
23-05-07, 05:36 PM
sounds illegal.

maybe, but it works and he saved loads

Alex
23-05-07, 10:58 PM
lol nope, it is nowhere near as esy to use / visible etc as the car units.

may I point out a few things. Firstly, not as visible. Erm my phone with sat nav/Tom Tom has the same size screen, or at most half an ich smaller as most tom toms, so is just as visible. Besides, you listen the the verbal comands more than looking at the screen (if screen was such a big thing, they would be ilegal). Also my phone has MORE mounting options than the Tom Tom, plus better stereo integration.

Easy to use - EXACTLY the same menu options as tom tom, except i have the option of a stylus OR touch screen. Car bitch (tom tom) doesn't care how you touch her.

In addition to this I only carry my phone around, which i keep on me. No need to remove from car, as you already have it on you. One device instead of 2. I'd prefer my phone/pda to having 2 devices

Ste L
24-05-07, 11:03 AM
if you want it free download it off a torrent site p2p,

else spend the money

L14MNP
24-05-07, 12:44 PM
may I point out a few things. Firstly, not as visible. Erm my phone with sat nav/Tom Tom has the same size screen, or at most half an ich smaller as most tom toms, so is just as visible. Besides, you listen the the verbal comands more than looking at the screen (if screen was such a big thing, they would be ilegal). Also my phone has MORE mounting options than the Tom Tom, plus better stereo integration.

Easy to use - EXACTLY the same menu options as tom tom, except i have the option of a stylus OR touch screen. Car bitch (tom tom) doesn't care how you touch her.

In addition to this I only carry my phone around, which i keep on me. No need to remove from car, as you already have it on you. One device instead of 2. I'd prefer my phone/pda to having 2 devices

The TomTom mounts to the screen better IMO it is also a hell of a lot louder.

'Nuff said.

L14MNP
24-05-07, 12:44 PM
Besides which, I have gotten it for free from a mate now.

Sorted :thumb:

Alex
25-05-07, 10:40 PM
The TomTom mounts to the screen better IMO it is also a hell of a lot louder.

'Nuff said.

hmm. You have no idea what you are comparing your Tom Tom to, so how do you know it is louder and also better at screen mounting?