PDA

View Full Version : Brake bias

valver500
22-05-07, 10:35 AM
I have recently rebuilt my nova and am having problems with the brake bias ive got v6 vectra discs and calipers on the front and a disc conversion on the rear with one rear brake line blanked at the master cylinder and the other split into two to run both rear brakes. Im using a gsi master cylinder and the rear brakes keep locking up under braking with almost no effect on the front brakes! can anyone help?

Dar
22-05-07, 11:13 AM
I have the same setup but with 4pots on the front. I don't get the same problem, so things to check out.

1) Make sure the little break bias compensator thingy is still screwed in to the break line that goes to the rear(At the master cylinder), this is where you adjust your rear break bias.

2) Check that your front breaks are not siezed in anyway. Check that all the pistons move in and out of the calipers ok and that your sliders are all good (I think the v6 is still a floating caliper)

3) If all is ok with the above then I suggest getting a new break compensator thingy for the rear since you may have one thats broken.

valver500
22-05-07, 11:24 AM
Cheers dar looks like ive put the brake line to the rear on the wrong out let thanks :thumb:

Dar
22-05-07, 11:39 AM
NP Glad I could help :D

big gra
22-05-07, 11:11 PM
should be fun for drifting that!!