PDA

View Full Version : head rest removal to back seats?

novalovingned
21-05-07, 04:05 PM
i have a spare set of sport head rests of my g/f corsa

was needing to know if its just a case of cutting out the head rests support bits which u cant see and putting them into the rear seats

sorry for the lack of knowledge in part names not used to he interior side of things

any info much appriciated

Ecka

bola
21-05-07, 04:21 PM
search it mate there has been quite a few threads like this!

ade
22-05-07, 01:10 AM
if the donar headrests are coming from a corsa I'm not sure if the pegs they sit into will fit into a nova.

basically inside the seat there are 2 plastic pegs that lock into the metal frame of the seat back. You need to remove the fabric (usually unclips or unhooks) and then you need to prise the clips in the pop them out - however there are different types - I think for the nova rear seats you need to long ones. Again not sure if the corsa has these.

In addition - only some of the novas rear seats had the holes in the rear seats for headrests (usually the 3/4 split higher spec models) - to find out you can usually push hard against the top with a finger to feel the hole - alterntatively peel back the fabric on the seat back (easy on rear seats its just folded under) and check for the holes.

There was a how to guide on www.nova-land.com

novalovingned
23-05-07, 04:52 PM
cheers for the info ade and the link,I should have stated that the headrests were out the corsa for the corsa back bench, there just spares so though i would at least try

much appriciated

Ecka