PDA

View Full Version : Finally grown up

wisewood
21-05-07, 03:44 PM
:thumb:
We can finally consider ourselves proper grown ups.

By the time i get home from work tonight, with any luck, the remains of the Nova GSi me and the wife have got will be gone.

It's been off the road for 3 years, slowly rotting. Finally someone took pity on it and offered us a couple hundred quid for it.

Bye Bye Gee Ess Eye

SRlew
21-05-07, 03:59 PM
ah no way! how bad con was it?

wisewood
21-05-07, 04:29 PM
not TOO bad. rear arches had been rolled, and survived a 3 year sit in quite well, and the boot floor and under the cockpit are both very strong.

Both doors well on their way though, as they usually are.

However, all that said, it had no seats, door cards, clocks, induction system, front bumper (stolen), front grille, one sideskirt (stolen) lol the list probably goes on.

Could have been put back on the road pretty easily i reckon.. a touch up here and there and maybe a touch of enginebay welding on the drivers side, maybe, were it not for all the bits that were stolen or taken off it it wasn't a bad car really. Just neglected.

Mike
21-05-07, 04:39 PM
ahh another one bites the dust lol

i like how most of it either rotted away, or was stolen lmao!

Timmy
21-05-07, 05:34 PM
sad sad day for nova lovers

Welsh Dan
21-05-07, 05:47 PM
sad sad day for nova lovers

Not really, I'm buying the door cards :p. :)

krobinson
21-05-07, 06:34 PM
Wouldnt say you've grown up, loads of mature nova owners out there. I know a load of locals in there mid/late 30's with sports and old SR's.

Pity you never got the drive to do anything with it. Maybe later in life you'll buy another.

Keith

Mike.
21-05-07, 06:35 PM
at least someones bought, it, and it hasn't gone straight to the scrappers lol

Stuart
21-05-07, 06:39 PM
just need kev to get rid of his now lol

wisewood
22-05-07, 08:18 AM
Pity you never got the drive to do anything with it.

lol we had plenty of drive to do something with it. Made quite a lot of changes to it when we bought it in 2003. But when we moved house we also bought a new car, and while we were waiting for our new house to be finished and drive tarmacced etc we parked it at the in-laws on their drive.

One night some chavs came along and tried to steal it - so we removed a couple of wheels and stood it on axle stands, priorities changed, life moved on and the dream of using it as a little weekend runaround and keeping it decent had gone.

The car will live on. The guy who bought it is in his late 20's and is a big nova fan from what I can gather. He wanted a new shell as his failed the MOT and needed extensive work to the underside. I think he'll probably keep the engine and magnex exhaust too though - exhaust was practically brand new, only done about 500 miles, and engine was amazing - dunno about internal mods, but it was seriously quick.

The seats and door cards have gone to mr Xen0phobiak, several other bits have gone to various pikey thieves and some of it will go on ebay i think lol

They drove it away last night at 8pm. Drove it!!! No clocks, no door cards, been stood 3 years, two wheel nuts on 3 wheels, and 3 on the 4th wheel... oh, and the seats had already been sold, but we had a spare passenger seat, so we just placed that in the car to make it easier to manouver, but they just put in one bolt at the front and drove it away like that. So the guy couldnt have put a seatbelt on either. He's a f*cking nutter!!!

Now, bring on the Dyson DC20 Animal that we're spending the money on lollol

Maybe later in life you'll buy another.
I doubt it very much to be honest - I've had 4 and the wife has had 4 also, we've both moved on. Priorities change etc. If in a few years time we fancy something of a fun car for weekend use, a Honda S2000 or similar is a much more likely option than a nova.

This really is the end of an era.
Today is the first day since I was 16, and the wife was 17 that we haven't owned a vauxhall nova between us.
Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of my life :D

wisewood
22-05-07, 08:23 AM
at least someones bought, it, and it hasn't gone straight to the scrappers lol

the guy who bought it owns a scrap yard lol so technically it kinda has.

draper
22-05-07, 09:30 AM
i drove an old nova back sat on a milk crate once lol

wisewood
22-05-07, 09:45 AM
He was supposed to be coming with a trailer to take it away, then when i saw they didn't have one i assumed they'd at least tow it away ... but no. Just put a bumper on it so as not to stand out too much if they passed the law, one bolt to hold the seat still and drove off lol

I do feel kinda sad that it's gone, but at least now i can go in my loft and throw out all the old nova bits that we don't need anymore. All sorts up there taking up loads of space.

draper
22-05-07, 09:46 AM
ebay it all

wisewood
22-05-07, 09:55 AM
can't be bothered to be honest. Probably ebay the two digi-dash that we've got but that'll be about it i think.

Head lights, water tank, windows, rear GSi seats, GSi door cards with window winder cut-outs (scandelous!) etc are all most likely to end up at the tip.

Stuart
22-05-07, 09:59 AM
modify the dyson :D

we got the car specific one (not that pish tiny one) and its good fro that... dont care about house cleaning abilities thats for women to care about

craig green
22-05-07, 10:06 AM
This really is the end of an era.
Today is the first day since I was 16, and the wife was 17 that we haven't owned a vauxhall nova between us.
Today, as they say, is the first day of the rest of my life :D

Cant you just buy an old shaloon or 5-door & bury it in the garden? That way you will always have a Nova somewhere. lol

craig green
22-05-07, 10:07 AM
Are the rear GSi seats in good cond btw. Some monkey welding saw to it that mine look like a bunch of stoners 'hot rocked' them.

L14MNP
22-05-07, 10:21 AM
Shame,another GSi on the scrap heap by the sounds of it.

craig green
22-05-07, 10:25 AM
far from the 1st. I bet approx 10 Novas get scrapped everyday, a lot of them merely MOT failures, the rest of them ruined by muppets!

L14MNP
22-05-07, 10:35 AM
far from the 1st. I bet approx 10 Novas get scrapped everyday, a lot of them merely MOT failures, the rest of them ruined by muppets!
Yep! I was gutted when I realised the front panel / inner wings were shafted on my SR but I replaced it, then the floor! Cut out and replaced the floor pans.
Strange because the chassis legs were fine, boot floor / batt tray unscathed...
Then sold it to my mate, he proceeded to pull the engine out, grind back the inner wings ready for seam welding and let it stand outside in bare metal state for months! Still is ike that :(

wisewood
22-05-07, 10:48 AM
Nah. He is scrapping his old shell and keeping this one, from what he was saying. He loves his novas. Though i dont care what he does with it... but i doubt very much that he will scrap a 1993 K plate shell.

As for the rear seats - not sure on condition, will let you know when i get them out of the loft.

kevw
22-05-07, 11:02 AM
just need kev to get rid of his now lol

This will never happen, yes I've had a 6 year break but I cannot scrap another shell!!!

Kev.

wisewood
22-05-07, 11:59 AM
Since you've decided now (at least i think you have) that you're staying put, why don't you pour the additional thousands into the nova instead of the new house.

It's money well spent. I will build you a deck to put the nova on behind the house lol

Stuart
22-05-07, 12:36 PM
and ill knock you up a proper sized BBQ, with steam power too lol

Kinky Monza
22-05-07, 12:40 PM
Well i'm shocked lol

Wise, you really need to pull your finger out and buy another Nova!

Kev, pleased to hear that, at least someone has some sense lol

JSeymour
22-05-07, 12:44 PM
wisewood did you point him in the direction of novaload?

p.s dont waste your money on a dyson, there put together worse and break more then novas. Lol

wisewood
22-05-07, 01:49 PM
it's not me wasting the money - it's the wife... and anyone who is married will know you can't stop your wife wasting money. It's in the contract, apparently lol

I didn't point him towards this place no, i don't want him whinging at me on here if something falls off it :D

Chris
22-05-07, 02:44 PM
I offered you that much for it two years ago lol

wisewood
22-05-07, 02:47 PM
Yeah i know lol but she (the wife) has realised now that its actually worth pennies so any offer is a good offer. AND we've had a few quid extra from selling the interior too.

draper
22-05-07, 03:22 PM
wisewood did you point him in the direction of novaload?

p.s dont waste your money on a dyson, there put together worse and break more then novas. Lol

i was gonna say that, was there any novaload stickers in the windows lol

wisewood
22-05-07, 03:29 PM
no - i used my stickers on my old clio lol

Lee
22-05-07, 07:24 PM
Countdown to next Nova starts now lol

Your in the 'Pleased that the heap of sh1te's gone' phase.

next it'll be 'Lets buy a sporty modern car for weekends' phase

Then the 'This cars a bit boring' phase

Then its the 'Ooo, look at that Nova, looks tidy that' phase

Then its the 'I really miss my Nova phase'

Finally its the ' Ill give you ?300 for it' phase

Ill add a bonus phase for you though.

The 'We fcuking told you so' phase lol lol

draper
22-05-07, 07:37 PM
PMSL at BT

wisewood
22-05-07, 10:53 PM
roflmfao. sorry to ruin your vision, but it really wont happen. I've not been ****d for ages to be honest - priorities change. Life moves on.

I MIGHT even go so far as selling my novaload account on ebay lol

JSeymour
22-05-07, 11:03 PM
roflmfao. sorry to ruin your vision, but it really wont happen. I've not been ****d for ages to be honest - priorities change. Life moves on.

I MIGHT even go so far as selling my novaload account on ebay lol

Do it! Lol how much do you recon your get for it?

wisewood
22-05-07, 11:47 PM
lmfao i dunno. without the admin rights its worthless...

Mike
22-05-07, 11:51 PM

the owner of the saxo sports car club would buy it and bring the site down lmao!

Lee
23-05-07, 04:26 PM

I dunno, 1400 odd posts and the most hate feedback ever will probably earn you a few bob lol

wisewood
23-05-07, 04:35 PM
I dunno, 1400 odd posts and the most hate feedback ever will probably earn you a few bob lol

ROFLMFAO!!! true. infamy is priceless.
14000 odd though, thank you very much!

Lee
23-05-07, 04:36 PM
Sorry, i had underestimated your nerdyness lol

wisewood
23-05-07, 04:42 PM
its not nerdyness. its boredatworkyness.

I went from 3k to 10k in about 6 months lol

Lee
23-05-07, 04:43 PM
Thats unbelievable! Were you talking to yourself? lol

wisewood
23-05-07, 04:47 PM
sometimes... at 6am when i started work and nobody was online yet.

by 8am mine would be the last comment on ALL posts on the current page in general chat and muppet lol

Kinky Monza
23-05-07, 06:44 PM
The norm then lol