PDA

View Full Version : knocking&bumping

Anonymous
05-02-02, 04:54 PM
When going round right hand corners with slight bumps and hiting even just little pot holes I get a loud bang and a harsh bump for the passenger side font end!
the car is 1.2 5dr,-60 springs with shorter gas shocks front&rear,I have replaced the front shocks as was 18months since drop,the track rod ends&lower ball joints nothing left&all done is made better handling but has also made the camber of the wheels a bit more inward at top!but sould be getting the adjustment bolts form Motor serve in MK.but the bumping and loud bang/knock is still there any Ideas.If some sort a top mount what do they call it in the Haynes Manual

Could it be the tiny little barings that do this in the top part of surspension?
at first I was :-/ but now im X-(

:0 :0
Sodding Insurance companies ?960 TPFT for a 1.2 with GSI bumpers&lowwered&magnex s/s system bloody rip off!

Anonymous
05-02-02, 06:00 PM
it's cause it's a 5dr

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
06-02-02, 08:00 AM
is that true ste - or were you hoping for a handfull of chocolate buttons?

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Anonymous
06-02-02, 08:20 PM
Ha ha F**king Ha

It only started doing it about four months ago was fine B4!

Some one with an helpful comment need only respond!

X-(

Anonymous
06-02-02, 11:07 PM
Check that all bolts are done up properly. I've had similar and once it was the TCA bottom ball joint locking nut and bolt not gripping up tight enough and once the bolts that secure the bottom of the shocker to the wheel hub assembly were a bit loose.

Anonymous
12-02-02, 04:15 PM
year have done that but is still doing it!had checked at mates garage
Any other ideas?
Could the barings in the top mount be doing this?
Is it possible for mounts to get damaged?
:-/