PDA

View Full Version : 16's or 17's/ digi dash, no bk seats...

Anonymous
05-02-02, 02:21 PM
1. i know that for seventeens u need much more arch work, but i hav the money to do it, i just wana know bout the pro's and cons of both, i reakon 17's look better, but ive heard lotsa storys bout, a dramatic loss in acceleration, top speed, handling etc... is this true??? obviously i will need sum arch work with the 16's but the handlin will be better, right?? but they dont look as good, ive got an sri, so its not exactly slow, but not amazinly fast either, wot doya reakon i should do, bearin in mind these problems, and any others that u know of , or hav experieced... help pleeeeese :D
2. i do quite like the digi dash, but are there any probs with it, and those of u who might hav one, wot do ya think?? and is there any other dashes that can be put into mk2 nova's, such as corsa, astra gsi etc...
3. as u know i hav a sri, wich is farily quick, exhuast , decatted, filter, only 50,000 miles, but i want more power, acceleration, wot can i do?? 40's? new head? cams? and would stripin out the back and fittin roll cage and false floor help alot??? or is it not worth it??

Anonymous
07-02-02, 05:32 PM
Right then, here goes... I had a set of 16's on my Nova GTE, as I was told it's the best compromise for looks/handling. As soon as I saw the car on 16's I was dissapointed with the way it looked (lowered 40mm). So after just 2 months, i bought a set of 17's. I would say that 17's do make a difference with the handling. It tram-lines all over the place and 205/40/17's give a far harsher ride than the 195/45/16's I had before.But they look soooo much better. As for acceleration, I don't really notice it, it doesn't make a massive difference, and does in-fact increase top speed, not reduce it. It's up to you, but i'd go for the 17's.

I don't have a digi dash at the moment in the car,but i've had a go at fitting a digi dash and mk2 dash at the same time. All my bulbs blew before i'd put it in and so I had to change it all back to standard as i was running out of time (borrowed garage). I have both a 8v & 16v (for spare) they both work fine, and i'm told they are very reliable units.

As for going faster, all that you mentioned would help, just depneds on ???. I have no back seats, a fearless motorsport polished roll cage and a nice false floor with ice install. I'd say it probably makes you a little faster, but it looks fantastic anyway.

Hope i've helped.
http://www.novagte.co.uk (pictures of my car with 16's & 17's on there so you can see the difference)

We like a smooth behind

Anonymous
11-02-02, 10:50 PM
thanx mate, il look into it :D