PDA

View Full Version : engine mount help

SRlew
20-05-07, 01:27 PM
right at the minute iv got a set of chris astley solid mount on my nova, with a 1400 8v in. (can see in picture below)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/srlew/heatwrap1-1.jpg

will they fit an xe'd nova?

cheers lew

gazz
20-05-07, 01:30 PM
yes they will bud..

olix99
20-05-07, 01:33 PM
Complete set of 3 competition engine mounts, designed to elimate any unwanted engine movement and machined from alloy billets.This kit is a must for race/rally/track and fast road nova, ideal for when big block engine conversions are in mind like 2.0 16v XE/LET.All mounts are a direct fit for your original rubber mountings and will fit any model.

they are made FOR XE/LET lol - although you answer my question of are they suitable for small block engines :thumb:

SRlew
20-05-07, 02:29 PM
lol never looked at that olix99, oh well haha

cheers

draper
20-05-07, 02:30 PM
what are they like tho lew ??

SRlew
20-05-07, 02:36 PM
as in living with them? well to be honest at first i didnt notice a real difference as the car was off the road any way when i fitted them, but at traffic lights or junctions the vibration is nuts lol, mirrors shake big time lol and if i want to look in them and work out whats there i have to rev slightly to get it to a point were the mirrors are either still or feel like there still from moving so fast lol

feels nice to drive with them tho i think, not going back to standard ones again.

draper
20-05-07, 02:38 PM
might invest then - one day lol

SRlew
20-05-07, 03:16 PM
yeh defo worth it!

any one got a set of standard ones lying around!???

tom_beverley
06-06-07, 01:35 PM
I've just fit these aswell, did you receive any new bolts that go through the middle?

The front left (as you look in the engine bay) mount only uses one bolt whereas the standard item uses two. I had to get a M12 bolt to fill the bush rather than use one the standard M10 bolt as there was too much movement for my liking.

Also got longer ones for the rear gearbox mount and think they should be supplied with the kit really.

Top quality mounts though although I haven't tested them yet!