PDA

View Full Version : ok then 2l 16v or turbo?!

Anonymous
07-02-02, 08:39 PM
ok i was thinking the other day (rare!) that if you were to do a 2l 16v conversion but wanted more power would it be more cost affective just to a 2l 16v turbo? and do you use the same mounting kits n shafts etc?. what are the price changes between a 16v n a 16v turbo?.
i would expect for traffic lights a normaly aspirated 16v would be quicker due to a more controlled put down of power?
has ne one here got a turbo if so what is it like for day to day driving?
cheers lads

Anonymous
07-02-02, 11:39 PM
Don't think it would be a "day to day" driver. You'd have to get a run-around. B-)

Anonymous
08-02-02, 09:01 AM
i used to use my 2.0 16v for day to day. but it's not effective now i live 1 mile from work

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
08-02-02, 07:39 PM
have u check'd the insurance on the turbo!!!!

Anonymous
09-02-02, 05:57 PM
turbo nova 998 tpff or 1246 fully comp!

Anonymous
11-02-02, 10:23 AM
i have a turbo and it is not good for commuting. for a start it is better to use superunleaded which is about 10p a litre more expensive than unleaded. the fuel economy is rubbish(that could be down to my driving i suppose) and i found that it doesnt even matter that much if you drive "off boost". but the performance more than makes up for this and has a grin factor of 10.:D i would say go for the turbo if you have the cash (about a grand for a decent engine) and i would say lots of patience for fitting. i run the f20 box so its just the same shatfs as the valver would use.i think the mounts are the same aswell. i have a 1.3 sr as a day to day car for commuting etc but i am having to use the turbo just now as im in the process of fitting a cavy130 engine to the sr. it was just TOO slow. where did you get insurance from?

rodgerq