PDA

View Full Version : sticking e/w

Anonymous
08-02-02, 11:32 AM
My electric windows work perfectly in warm weather, but as soon as it is slightly damp or cold they struggle to get the window all the way down, they just sop after a couple of inches. I have greased the mechanism and made sure that the window is not too tight in the door, but what else can I do?

Anonymous
08-02-02, 12:20 PM
clean your window. It may sound stupid but i have the same problem with my alarm. It shuts the windows when turned on but if the windows dirty it gets stuck.

Don't believe anything i say!!!!!

Anonymous
08-02-02, 01:43 PM
halfords rubber and vinal lube.... spray the sliders

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
08-02-02, 05:16 PM
yep defo use that lube from halfords...works a treat.

Anonymous
08-02-02, 05:39 PM
yup or for a quick fix try sum wd40 down the sliders

i keep meaning to buy the halfords stuff

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
10-02-02, 09:56 PM
ALSO, clean the rubber seal that goes along the bottom of the glass.

I've had this problem on my Antibes.....when I first fitted the proper Vauxhall elecy windows, they would hardly budge...I thought the motors where fucked since my previous MicroScan windows worked fine, so I investigated.

It was NOT the sliders in my case....they where fine, but the bottom rubber seal was stopping the windows from winding down....they would up fine, but not down.
Wind the window down than rub across the seal with the edge of a screwdriver or similar to scrape off any dirty shite that's on 'em.
It should be nice and soft velvety fabric covering to protect the glass (the same as the sliders), but it can be hard and crusty with crap.