PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seat/subframe Height...

peester
19-05-07, 10:56 AM
hi, If i bought some buckety seats then mounted them using the proper applicated/tailoured, purposely-for-nova, subframes; would the seat sit higher inside the car (closer to the roof) than if i'de have bought universal subframes??
Anyone done both before? I just want the lowest seating possibility really..
Thanks in advance..

bieransri
19-05-07, 02:49 PM
the only way to get them low is to mount side mounts to the floor, tailored frames would be better than universal ones though

peester
19-05-07, 05:55 PM
ide buy the tailoured ones, just worry the seat will sit (lol) too high.. ide rather be bolting to floor if it means itll sit lower, know what i mean..?
Car has dozens of holes in the floor anyway, so previous owner probably used a universal one..
sod knows

SamD
20-05-07, 10:00 PM
i used to have cobra monaco's on the standard subframes in my old car which both sat lower than the cobra subframes and had a longer slide for my lanky legs.

peester
21-05-07, 03:14 PM
^^ oooh.. thats the **** im talkin about.. nice one matey..so universal subframes yeah? they sit lower than the 'cobra-for-nova' tailoured jobbies HMMM?

Riggy
21-05-07, 03:22 PM
dave think he means that he used std nova subframes , gte/gsi style ones on his buckets

thats how my buckets are mounted aswell and seems to sit right for me , std nova seat height lol

peester
21-05-07, 03:42 PM
oh.. see im thick, dont have a clue about this lark..

Iain
21-05-07, 03:48 PM
For the record I tried to fit buckets to poverty spec seat subframes and that was a complete failure. I assume you can only do that with GSi/GTE subframes.

Nova Full
22-05-07, 08:55 AM
i've got Corbeau subframes on my seats which you can alter the height of the seat (think it has about three or four settings) on the lowest setting the seats pretty low

Gaz

peester
22-05-07, 10:17 AM
^^ yeah how much do they cost tho? and do they bolt in to the o.e vauxhall places - those metal girders?? or u had to drill new, clean holes?

Mazz
22-05-07, 10:17 AM
I've used GTE/GSI subframe on mine and they sit at the normal nova height iirc..been a while since they were fitted :)

peester
22-05-07, 10:28 AM
ok,.. so seein as its the cheapest alternative ill go with that.. i was perfectly happy with the height they sat at so..but ill need to buy GTE/GSi frames anyway - aint got none..

Iain
22-05-07, 10:51 AM
yeah how much do they cost tho? and do they bolt in to the o.e vauxhall places - those metal girders?? or u had to drill new, clean holes?

Too much! About ?120. The good thing is you can buy tilting ones (for a few quid more) so you can still access the back. They bolt to the original points/seat mounts so no drilling required. They are good quality and feel sturdy/safe, but it's a bit pricey.

Mazz
22-05-07, 12:51 PM
Your more than welcome to come and have at mine at the weekend dude..

SamD
22-05-07, 10:16 PM
i couldnt honestly tell you which model my frames were from as the car was a bit mix n match, can someone varify that gte/gsi frames are different from other nova frames?

John
22-05-07, 10:36 PM
Dave i bought the proper corbeau subframes for mine, and wish i hadn't, ref "there's lots of holes in the floor pan already" Go with the recaro frames if poss.

peester
23-05-07, 09:22 PM
thanks john, ok.. thats that sorted then. Glad i dont have to buy those pricey subframes then. Winner. Just to find some seats now, lol.