PDA

View Full Version : Growing Intrrest..

Jim Mcrae
18-05-07, 03:06 PM
Am really warming to the idea of making my nest project a saloon. Because the are awsome, just take saloony for an example and i would like a real sleeper. How well would it go/work with an XE installed? have any been stripped and caged before, full track/rally style?? I also thought about hatch style arches. Any ideas and pics will be greatly appreciated, and all your opininons on saloons. Saw one up local tesco couple of months back, Mk1 3dr it looked imaculate, no rust at all, no faded paint no dings or scratches a real minter, had a closer look (i probably looked a wee bit dodgy) It had travel blanket and brollies, the hall marks of an old owner and 36k on the clock!!! I would have swapped there and then, couldn't see a 80 year old in my old beast tho lol But back to the point pics and opinion/ideas will be super duper:thumb:

p.s anyone going global gathering this year???

Austin_Nova16
18-05-07, 04:15 PM
Saloons are sweet.

I can't see one being any different from a 3dr personally in XE form...maybe a slight bit more weight over the rear maybe?...

Got mine for 50quid off of ebay, but has needed a fair bit of work to get it up to 'solid shell' status.
Personally, I really like the round arches, so will be tweaking them a little to fit some wide wheels.

BTW, they only came in mk1. (Mk2's only came in 4-door).

Bestival in September for me.....Beastie Boys, Chemical brothers, Andy C.......

Jim Mcrae
18-05-07, 06:56 PM
Yeah, cheers dude, thought i havent ever seen a mk2 3 door. Cheers loads though!

Mike
18-05-07, 07:02 PM
theres an XE saloon on piston heads right now ;)

Lee
18-05-07, 07:04 PM
Yeah, cheers dude, thought i havent ever seen a mk2 3 door. Cheers loads though!

Not hard to covert though :thumb:

Jim Mcrae
18-05-07, 07:13 PM
Not hard to covert though :thumb:

no way! lol mk1s rule