PDA

View Full Version : Who needs common sense when you have speed bumps.

Jack
18-05-07, 11:47 AM
No, not our Lucky Luke lol (http://www.westgaz.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=164261&command=displayContent&sourceNode=202042&home=yes&more_nodeId1=164264&contentPK=17338843)

Thats annoyed me, was in our local rag this morning. Kid runs out in front of car and gets run over. And I quote:

"Luke is lucky, had the van been speeding, he may not be with us. We do not blame the driver at all, he was not over the speed limit and it was just an accident. But the road is dangerous and should have speed bumps along it as there are blind spots."
Right. So the van was not speeding, you've admitted the issue is with blind spots, and even your own son has described himself as a bit of a chancer. Yet speed bumps are OBVIOUSLY whats needed? Maybe, just maybe, if the kid wasn't dumb enough to run out in front of a moving car he might not have gotten himself run over. Sheesh.

/rant.

Riggy
18-05-07, 11:54 AM
lol dumb ass

Riggy
18-05-07, 11:57 AM
and is that your comment jack :thumb:

draper
18-05-07, 11:58 AM
i take it thats your comment aswell ??

its a bit like when they build a new bit of dual carriageway then add speed cameras saying its an accident blackspot - so you built in accident blackspots on our new road :wtf:

and i thought it wasnt speed/road safety thats gonna kill us its our carbon footprint and/or fondness for oral sex

Dar
18-05-07, 12:08 PM
lolAnnoying as hell isn't it.

If someone gets run over whilst they are on the road itself then they were (more than likley) stepping out in front of a moving vehicle.

But their plans were abandoned when Luke ran across the road to collect a ball that had fallen near some parked cars. He then sped back across to the grass without looking to see the van that was coming and which subsequently knocked him over.
So instead of edcating the pillocks who will walk out in the roads in front of moving vehicles they try and slow the vehicle down with speed bumps which don't effing work anyway. Especailly where vans are concerned. To me this reads like the person who is run over is never at fault. If the van was speeding then I guess they would put the blame on him but since he wasn;t speeding its the roads fault for not having speed bumps.. RETARDS!!!

Roads are for traffic and are dangerous FFS!

Jack
18-05-07, 12:10 PM
According to the BBC, speed bumps give you cancer.

and is that your comment jack :thumb:
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I've posted this on the local kroooze site as well, so expect loads of "DURR SPED BUMPZ IZ RUBBISH LOLZ" comments soon lol

L14MNP
18-05-07, 12:10 PM
All leave your keys at home and walk to work! lol

Cars are evil and are a product of 'the man'

bump
18-05-07, 12:19 PM
All leave your keys at home and walk to work! lol

I do, only because it takes 10 mins less to get to work that way lol

Jack
18-05-07, 12:19 PM
they try and slow the vehicle down with speed bumps which don't effing work anyway.
Yep, and in the particular area that road is in, I know exactly what bumps they'll put in. Those daft half-bumps, the semi raised islands the road. Only one slight flaw, just one tiiiny little niggle which is easy to overlook - they're made small so emergency vehicles can fit over them without touching them thus not having to slow down. But then every other fcuker can drive over them without touching them too. Good job.

All leave your keys at home and walk to work!
Good plan. I'm gonna do that now. I'm going to walk the mad mile on the A37 between Ilchester and Yeovil. Its ok, it has road signs warning motorists there have been >300 injuries in the past five years (assuming this obviously includes the local rabbit/fox/badger/amoeba population, as fcuk have 300 people been injured) and road safety improvements are due in 2007 (which so far only consist of said signage) so obviuosly I'll be safe. And if anybody so much as brushes my arm with a wing mirror, by God I'll have the police come down on them like a ton of bricks for endangering a pedestrian on a public highway.

/rant... again

L14MNP
18-05-07, 12:23 PM
ha ha when I CBA I'll read the topic properly and contribute accordingly

For now however, I'll step the fcuk off

Peace lol

Jack
18-05-07, 12:28 PM
lol I wasn't ranting at you :p

draper
18-05-07, 12:28 PM
For now however, I'll step the fcuk off

from novaload in general :D

Dar
18-05-07, 12:31 PM
Yep, and in the particular area that road is in, I know exactly what bumps they'll put in. Those daft half-bumps, the semi raised islands the road. Only one slight flaw, just one tiiiny little niggle which is easy to overlook - they're made small so emergency vehicles can fit over them without touching them thus not having to slow down. But then every other fcuker can drive over them without touching them too. Good job.

Yup, the only vehicles that have to slow down for such speed bumps are the small cars, however the BIG 4x4's and vans can sail on past at whatever speed they like. They think out these road calming measures so well dont they. Another example is near me where they have decided to make the road narrower (Not the one way narrow things mind you) at two points. So your traveling along nicley and :eek: swerve out of the way of the bollard thats been put where the road used to be.

I see traffic calming measures as road based assult courses. Go over that bump, then around the bollard, weave around the road to miss the 1/2 speed bumps oh and don't hit any cars in the processlol Not safer in the slightest but hey, no one cares anyway. I swear no thought is put in to road traffic claming measures because they are just put in to shut up whinging do gooders.

EDIT: I always walk to and from work as well.

L14MNP
18-05-07, 12:32 PM
from novaload in general :D

:( I've as much to do with driving / owning a Nova as you ATM 'pal' lol

yesh......I still have parts :thumb:

L14MNP
18-05-07, 12:33 PM
lol I wasn't ranting at you :p

Yeah I know jack lol

I wasn't exactly inputting valuable opinion though

bump
18-05-07, 12:34 PM
EDIT: I always walk to and from work as well.

The fun of Bristol lol

Dar
18-05-07, 12:38 PM
You wouldn't want to travel anywhere near Broadmead at the momentlolWell thinking about it you wouldn't want to travel anywhere near that hole of a place anyway.

draper
18-05-07, 12:39 PM
:( I've as much to do with driving / owning a Nova as you ATM 'pal' lol

yesh......I still have parts :thumb:

i actually have 2 'novas' in my name, a JDM and OE spec ;)

L14MNP
18-05-07, 12:42 PM
i actually have 2 'novas' in my name, a JDM and OE spec ;)

lol

Orimental f/g kit like?

w@nker :p

J4MES
18-05-07, 12:52 PM
god that little bairn lives in my village, dont know who he is tho, probably a scummer from the council houses...

Jack i think those signs on the A37 are the figures for the whole road, which makes them really relevant to that stretch of road!!:wtf: :wtf:

hendrix
18-05-07, 01:06 PM
haha some nice comments!
I love some of the 'traffic calming' measures they have here lol. A road in town has been turned into some sort of weaving in and out of bollards course and a 20mph limit. It makes no sense whatsoever as imho its made the road more dangerous because it forces cars to turn into paths and closer to oncomming cars. Nice once council! :thumb: You watch cars going down it and its like watching the Grand Prix when they warm up the tyres. iirc in 20odd years there has been no accidents down there either. :wtf: