PDA

View Full Version : can i make my oen managment?

alan b
18-05-07, 11:16 AM
ive been looking at mega squirt and mega jolt but i am just wondering could i make my own managment for my x16xe engine if i wer to run it on webers? could i use my ecu and loom, then trick it into thinking the injectors are still there and still have the spark? i disconnected my injectors the last day and it still sparked? any ideas? i judt wana spend the money if i can do it my self! (tight student i am)

partytownsri
18-05-07, 11:55 AM
if you was to run it on carbs you wouldn't use your injectors you would take them off, you dont need any management to run carbs. you would need to change your dizzy tho hope this helps mike

draper
18-05-07, 12:03 PM
and iirc megajolt is pretty cheap if you use it as spark only ??

alan b
18-05-07, 02:27 PM
no i need some sort of ecu to run the dispak, ya its 100 pound but have to get a ford edis(whats this!?) and a crank sensor and toothed pulley! could i not just use mine surely if i use a tps sensor it will advance enough?

Adam
18-05-07, 02:31 PM
No it wont.
It may spark, but it will be running in "limp home" mode, where its back the ignition timing way off to protect the engine.

You would probably be lucky to make std power, as you will have naff all advance.

Megajolt is about ?70, and is spark only, ford EDIS system is about ?30 from almost any ford in a scrappy. Its not exactly a lot to spend....
But then you'll need a map, which if you get wrong could cost you your engine...