PDA

View Full Version : wiring transducer into 1.3 sr?

greg1.4
17-05-07, 06:39 PM
hi,please help me!

i am putting my digi dash in tonight (maybe)lol

and i need to know how to wire the transducer in? if i plug it into the gearbox do i need to run 3 wires to the back of the dash?

i know how to wire the dash in (colour for colour) but what do i do with the transducer for the speedo? what colour of wires is it that goes in the back of the dash.

if anyone can help it will be much appreciated (please explain simply and clearly if possible):D
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/Greg_Mcknight/DSC00614.jpg

thanks, greg

Jon_nova1
17-05-07, 06:46 PM
brown to earth, Black to ignition live and red/blue to the corresponding colour on the dash

greg1.4
17-05-07, 06:51 PM
so will i make 3 new wires running into the back of the dash?

will the just go from the transducer straight into the back of the dash (matching the colour that they come out the transducer?

will my 1.2 loom have these 3 wires as standard or will i have to make new ones as i mentioned earlier?

Jon_nova1
17-05-07, 06:55 PM
youd have to fit new ones, the earth can go to any earth, the ignition live(black) has to go to a wire that becomes live when the ignition is turned on, this can be the black dash wires, and yes, you connect it directly

greg1.4
18-05-07, 07:04 PM
got another problem with the dash. got it wired in and everything works except the right indicator warning light (green and black wire i think). there is no green and black wire coming out the nova loom?

anyway thats not a major problem but i also cant get my rev counter to light up very well. well i can but its pretty dull compared to the rest of the dash. it works but is dull.

thanks, Greg

Adam
18-05-07, 07:09 PM
You take the indicator wires from the stalk, not the clock loom.

Sounds like one of your halogen illumination bulbs aint working.

greg1.4
18-05-07, 09:05 PM
oh, can i get a new bulb or will i have to replace the whole dash for the rev counter to be bright? how do i get into it or can i fix it?

when i first the dash in last night it was bright and working ok??

tonight i was wiring the speedo up etc but before i started i started it and the rev counter was dull.:confused:

also what parts do i need to cut or bend etc to get the dash sitting in the dashboard? i cant get it to sit in right.

greg1.4
19-05-07, 09:33 AM
can someone help please?