PDA

View Full Version : max rpm in SRI!! URGENT!

Anonymous
29-01-02, 06:37 PM
to get maximum acceleration out of my SRI (ive got a full exahust system, kn filter, and decatted i think) at wot rpm do i change thorugh each of the gears (despite noise!) without killin the engine!! help please as i dont wana screw up the car but also want max power!!!1 cheers :D

Anonymous
29-01-02, 08:16 PM
the sri has rev limiter n e way so u should be ok !!!
;) your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments ;)

Anonymous
29-01-02, 08:41 PM
I got almost everything you have on mine. Had it rolling roaded last year @ 94 BHP. Max BHP was around 5800.
Hope it helps.
Mingle

Anonymous
30-01-02, 10:11 AM
When I had Full zorst system(+ manifold) and airfilter I found the best time to change gear was just before you bounce of the redline (6500). I did notice a considerable slower time difference if I changed below 6000rpm. Ive found to get the fastest pull of (and to beat most cars) is to b0llock first gear take it all the way up to red line before you change (you'll get to around 30mph) this usually will give you an advantage cuz most muppets change into second far too early. you gotta keep the revs high and never let it drop below 4000rpm, change gear and overrev in that gear if you need to (such as when slowing down for a corner). My latest rolling road (with head work) had a max bhp at around 5400 but previous one (before head work) was maxxed at around 5800 too. I have noticed a loss in pull top of the rev range with the new head, hopefully it will come back when I get the cam in. If you look after your engine (services etc) I dont think you'll have a problem with your engine I frequently take mine to the limit in every gear and it works fine no problems what so ever and still pushing out good R/R graphs

http://www.theboyracer.net/mig/nova.bmp

BTW all above points are my opinion and have worked for me, im not saying its the correct way. after all I work in a bank not on a race track (we do sponser a team in the BTCC though! go egg:sport go egg:sport!!!!)

HTH

Anonymous
08-02-02, 09:36 AM
dogz is right.
mash the nuts off first gear up to 30mph.
usually gives you the jusmp on cars of similar power as they either change gear too early, or in the case of fords, are forced to change gear too early...
Then its just a matter practice changing into second quickly and getting power back down asap.
Although you understand i do not condone speeding or wrecklessness in anyway.

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Anonymous
08-02-02, 01:45 PM
i just limiter my 16v in every gear

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
08-02-02, 03:01 PM
id hit the limiter in my 16v but I havnt got 16vs to hit.