PDA

View Full Version : Twin Weber 40 Info needed

Mike_trx
17-05-07, 02:04 PM
Hey guys, Ive recently just finished a full engine rebuild on my nova 1.3SR and im looking for advice on my twin 40 webers. They really need a service cos they run just 'alright' and leak slightly, to save money I was going to do it myself, is it best to buy the manual from www.webercarbs.co.uk (http://www.webercarbs.co.uk) and jump straight in? I have no idea what jet sizes are in it etc...im a bit of a newbie with these. Any help on wat jet sizes to use etc would be great, here's a list of what my engine currently consists of...cheers

Orignial 1.3 Head (recent 1st time skim) and Block
New bearings and conrods, skimmed and balanced crankshaft (had a bent rod...oops!)
Piper 285 Camkit (sheesh that cost a bit!)
Close ratio gearbox ( no idea what model )
Full Stainless steel exhaust and manifold
Twin 40 Weber carbs on dbilas intake manifold

Thinks that all you'll need if you can help, if not Ill get back asap after work...cheers!

Adam
17-05-07, 02:07 PM
You can get re-build kits off ebay for about ?20 a pair.
Very easy to do yourself, dont need a manual etc, just straight forward.
Get a kit with a 150 bowl needle valve.

Do you know what the carbs were off? I would get the choke/jet size checked asap as i wouldn't want to run a newly re-built engine on carbs that could be too rich/lean for it.

Mike_trx
17-05-07, 02:52 PM
Hiya, yeah they do run too rich as it is anyway, what about the jet and choke sizes, these things are like double dutch to me in detail, what sizes should I use or does this vary from engine to engine? The amount of screws on the webers is scary! I don't want to touch any unless I know exactly what they do and what they'll acheive.

Just to add Im not sure what they are off, the only thing I know is there old because they have the brass floats inside them.