PDA

View Full Version : rolling roads in ipswich area

toby.d
16-05-07, 11:18 PM
im trying to find a half decent rolling road to get my car set up on in the ipswich area.i dont mind a little bit of travel but not to much as i cant be dealing with driving hours on end, iv got a early nova gsi engine in my corsa thats been moderatly tuned and just want it set up and see wat power its running really.thanks

benny f gsi,n it
16-05-07, 11:59 PM
t&m in colchester toby they know their stuff down there.

Stuart
17-05-07, 08:06 AM
define "moderately tuned" and what exactly can be setup on it ;)

BenC
17-05-07, 05:41 PM
LPS in martlesham are **** hot.

http://www.lpsauto.com/ckshop.php

toby.d
18-05-07, 03:23 PM
er... its been overbored with oversized rings to 1640cc, kent nv061 cam,port and polished head,rebalanced crank,lightened flywheel,venier pully, and its basically fully rebuilt. its got a 4branch and full system on it aswell. just want it runing good.the power dies off at around 5000rpm, iv got a weber fuel pressure regulator to go on it aswell. thanks

Stuart
18-05-07, 03:42 PM
hmmm imho cant see a FPR fixing that ;) the ecu needs a slap to work properly.

i think LPs is where my chimp of a cousin rants and raves about with some ghey supra of silly spec lol. im sure they are erm fine...

Id be more inclined to journey down to rainham to track and road.

toby.d
18-05-07, 04:04 PM
how far away is rainham from ipswich if you know? will i need the ecu remapped then, i get told off people to do something, then i ask someone else and they say that i want something else, feal asif im chasing my own tail as im not that 'clued up' as someothers. how much ruffly isit for a remap and set up, and can i get the standard ecu remaped? thanks

Stuart
18-05-07, 05:32 PM
getting the std ecu remapped is either V expensive or not possible (im not too sure about the older GM ecu's)

Rainham is near the dartford bridge... just a quick nip down the A12 :D

toby.d
19-05-07, 03:43 PM
yeah kool thanks ill save up and get a superchiped ecu then and get it set up.

Mikey_J
19-05-07, 10:04 PM
As said before go to LPS. Ive got a load of mates that have used them and they do come highly recommended