PDA

View Full Version : One-touch elecy windows

Anonymous
05-02-02, 02:07 AM
I've been wondering for a while if these can be fitted in a Nova and what is needed?

I know the MKIII Cavs, Corsas and later Astras have elecy windows with the "one-touch" facility and would quite like it in my Nova if it's possible.

Is there a control really that can be wired up to do this, or is it integral with the elecy motors/mechanisms?
I know that they use special switches with an unusual wire set-up as I've got a couple of these from a Cav.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
05-02-02, 02:11 AM
lol how lazy. hmmm spose it would save 1/2 a sec anf in that time u could do a nice fart.

have a play around with them

Anonymous
05-02-02, 07:47 AM
rich if you carry on being this lazy you will be 18stone by the end of the year...

The name is misleading - I am not wise, or wooden.

Anonymous
05-02-02, 09:20 AM
it's not the button it's the motor

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
05-02-02, 06:13 PM
its the button and motor :p

Im a Corporate tart :D

Anonymous
05-02-02, 08:43 PM
lol....cheeky gits ;) It's nowt to do with being lazy......they're very handy and you'd know why if you'd ever used 'em :p

(Wisewood.....18 stone...lol...and you've seen me too...lmao ;))

Ste....the buttons are special ones that can't be used with the normal elecy windows....they are wired up differently.
I tried using the Cav rear door ones I've got with my elecy windows, but found that they work totally differently to normal switches.....it's hard to explain how they work so I won't :)

So, Cambridge.....I'd need a different motor too then? I'll not bother in that case....would have been a nice little convenience mod if it was just a control relay or similar.

Anonymous
06-02-02, 07:51 AM
sorry rich mate.. did i say 18?
i meant 8... lmao.

only kidding mate.

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Anonymous
06-02-02, 09:06 AM
like i said the motors are different..... cav motors have 4/5 wires going to them... nova have 2

16v Engine fitting and advice... mail me for a quote :D

Anonymous
07-02-02, 12:23 AM
lol@wisewood.....I'm only just above 8 stone now! Scary I know, but my car is quicker 'cos I'm so light :D

ste...cheers mate.....I thought that they might be totally different motors.
I might whip one of the door trims off of my Dad's Corsa, and have a gander at that.....just out of interest.
I recon you could make up a simple circuit board that could do the job.....have to be a logic controller of some description....I was hoping that they might just use a simple control unit that could be nicked for the Nova.....ni mind :(

Anonymous
07-02-02, 08:17 AM
lazyness again rich. tut tut!! :D

8 stone... geezuz.
didn't think you were that ickle.
i mean... i know you ain the tallest lad in the world but still...
ahh well.
eat more maccy d's... soon get that weight on :)

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.