PDA

View Full Version : x16xe wiring

alan b
15-05-07, 11:39 PM
hey just looking at my options at the mo thinking bout carbs but that in different thread!! anyway i have the engine loom ecu and the two relays out, i have started at the dash loom trying to see where the ignition immob thingy wires go, where do they go to? they dont go into ecu do they? or are they connected to thet little square plug coming from around the fuse board? is that all i need from the car loom? i dont need any of the abs or airbag or any of that? car is a 95 corsa gsi going into nova cheers

Adam
16-05-07, 01:09 AM
Remove the entire ECU loom(just unplugs)

Then remove the steering column surrounds and you should see like a black plastic ring around the ignition barrel, it has a small grey plug with about 7wires on it.
Remove it, and cut the plug off the car loom(leave about 6" of wire on the plug)

You'll also need the car's ignition key, or just remove the transponder from the key, be careful tho as its fcuking tiny and hard to lose,Lol.

And thats all you need, its also helpful to remove the car half of the 9pin black plug(that the ecu plugs into), as you can then wire that to your car, and plug the ecu in, meaning you have a fully removeable engine loom.

alan b
16-05-07, 01:21 AM
v helpfull always lad but where does that transponder plug go to? it goes onto the dash loom, but does it somehow go back into the ecu?

Adam
16-05-07, 01:35 AM
Its on the car loom the plug is.
The wires on it are a perm 12v, ign 12v, earth, diagnostics signal,ecu light, speed sensor in, speed sensor out(to ecu)
You just wire them into your nova car loom..

Ive just joined them with the ecu feeds as it shares the same wires....

alan b
16-05-07, 02:15 AM
ah so that when the key isint in them wires are broken? sounds good, so i just find the plug and just cut it out an leave a few inches on it?

Adam
16-05-07, 03:05 PM
When the key is inserted into the ignition barrel, the pickup(which sits around the barrel) checks the key code, and if its the code it expects then it sends a signal to the ecu to turn the immobiliser off.

You cant really miss the pickup, its a big rectangle with a circle on it(to go around the barrel)
Just remove it, and cut the plug to it, leaving some wire to wire into your car.

My wiring is pretty much done, ive made up a mini loom(out the car) with all the immobiliser wires etc sorted, just needs a earth,ign live, permanent live(the pickup shares the power from my ecu feed),ecu light,tacho, dash temp gauge, fuel pump, and speed signal connecting in the car, 5minutes work.

Nova Full
16-05-07, 04:58 PM
i have pics of the transponder and chip

if you let me know your e.mail addy i'll send them over

Gaz