PDA

View Full Version : F28 linkage problems

doug_sri
15-05-07, 10:51 PM
Been trying to line up the linkage in my nova for a while now but keep getting annoyed and giving up. I had it quite good for a while but couldnt get 6th but since then I have fitted the calibra gear shifter, its nearly completed but I cant get the linkage set so that it selects reverse. I have cut and welded the linkage as required but i guess i will have to do this again and turn it a little. Is there an easy way to do this and could having a quikshift be mucking it up? C20let with F28

Ernie
15-05-07, 11:06 PM
you could give this ago.
1 undo the 13mm bolt on the linkage to the stick.
2 Remove the rubber bung on the top of the selector and insert a small drill bit or allen key and twist the linkage towards the passenger side of the engine bay untill you can feel the drill bit go in a little bit.
3 if you get some body to hold the gear stick towards the passenger side of the car you will see a bit sticking out on the side of the stick which will line up with the mark on the side of the shifter.
4 hold the stick in this possition and the selctor in it's possition then tighten the 13mm bolt back up.
Good luck and i hope that helps.

Paul
16-05-07, 02:22 PM
try putting the box in reverse and then the stick in reverse then bolt the linkage up.

You will deffo have reverse then!