PDA

View Full Version : Rumbling / Vibration problems......

Anonymous
04-02-02, 11:07 AM
:( Got a problem with my 88 SR when driving you can hear a vibrating/rumbling noise when you steer right, it goes away when you go left. It seems to get worse at certain speeds. I changed the front right and rear left wheel bearings, no difference. The car has just been MOT'd passed no probs, the Tester reckoned he noticed nothing. Last night it began vibrating really heavily (Steering, handbrake, pedals) at 70mph when you ease off the power. Any ideas?

Anonymous
04-02-02, 05:44 PM
Ive got this problem, my car has just passed the MOT, ive been toled i have warped disks, so i will be getting EBC turbo groved disks soon.

Anonymous
04-02-02, 05:45 PM
Ive got this problem, my car has just passed the MOT, ive been toled i have warped disks, so i will be getting EBC turbo groved disks soon.

Anonymous
05-02-02, 08:17 PM
Had a good look over it today suspension CV's track rod end etc all seem fine. It's definitely not the brake discs they only judder under braking if they are warped (Have had that problem before). I did notice that the top engine mount looks knackered (on the left near cam belt cover)so I think that might be the problem. Engine wobbling about unrestrained when side loads are put on it. I'll try and change it tomorrow, fingers crossed.......

Anonymous
06-02-02, 01:31 AM
u sure its not ur stomach saying the u need food?

Anonymous
06-02-02, 04:07 AM
Not unless my stomach has been magically transported under the bonnet of my SR...

Anonymous
06-02-02, 07:32 AM
how weird would that be thou!!!!!!

Anonymous
06-02-02, 06:59 PM
did the mount sort it???

Anonymous
06-02-02, 07:36 PM
Well not quite, it seems alot quieter though
and the mount I took out was well gone, so it looks like I'll have to have a better look at the others as the rubber on the one I removed was completely perished so I expect teh others probably are as well, but they are slightly more inaccessable.