PDA

View Full Version : Location location location... (speakers)

NovaKen
14-05-07, 10:43 PM
Hi guys, i've been using 2 pairs of 10cm speakers in the factory default positions for over a year now, along side a sub and amp in the boot.

I've decided that i'd like bigger speakers so i can have clarity at a louder volume, but i don't want the speakers on display for security reasons. I've considered making a stealth shelf, but only want to do this if neccessary.

Can you show me examples of where else i can put a decent size pair of speakers? I was thinking on the shelf under the dash, but wondered how i'd do it.

My nova's a 1.2 mk1 with standard interior, and any reccommendations on location and speaker brand and models will be really usefull. Thanks!!! :D

Jack
14-05-07, 11:10 PM
Craig's posted a pic before of some in the footwell kick panels which looks good.

[edit] here 'tis. Perhaps some shallower speakers and a covering of fabric, and you have a stealthy speaker location!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/bits4sale/Novabits4sale024.jpg

philly
15-05-07, 02:04 PM
same recomendation but you need to know that speakers are meant to aim noise towards you so i wouldnt hide them under the dash trays as it will muffle the overall effect. try puting some pioneer shallow spealers into the door cards and cover with some thin material

burgo
15-05-07, 02:21 PM
install tweeters at the top of the b pillars facing your ears. that way they are out of sight but will really make a difference to the sound quality

L14MNP
15-05-07, 04:21 PM
High end city! IMO don't.......

Nazza's Nova
18-05-07, 07:36 PM
6" components in the doors mate in custom door pods set of 6x9's in the rear quarters couple of subs, couple of juicey amps that will sort your sounds out

L14MNP
18-05-07, 08:41 PM
1 set of comps in the front

NO 6x9's at all anywhere

1 decent sub, 1 decent 4ch amp IMO