PDA

View Full Version : engine

dj_wudgey
14-05-07, 11:15 AM
right people ive striped my 1.3sr lump and now its back together i cant seem to get it to fire it sounds differant now when i turn it over and try to start it. it just doesant seem to be trying it sounds like the starter motor is spinning well fast and there is no real sound of the engine trying to go. ive tested and cant get a spark but it doesant want to go. is the noise of the starter because there is no spark????? is it because theengine is not even trying??? i aint got a clue help please lol

burgo
14-05-07, 11:45 AM
right people ive striped my 1.3sr lump and now its back together i cant seem to get it to fire it sounds differant now when i turn it over and try to start it. it just doesant seem to be trying it sounds like the starter motor is spinning well fast and there is no real sound of the engine trying to go. ive tested and cant get a spark but it doesant want to go. is the noise of the starter because there is no spark????? is it because theengine is not even trying??? i aint got a clue help please lolthats your problem then

dj_wudgey
14-05-07, 12:23 PM
lol thanks then matey ive just bin outside with her now and weve got a spark but the ignition timing is so far out that wont be helping lol. well ill have to wait untill my freind gets here with his gun but ill have it started today yea lol

thanks again

burgo
14-05-07, 12:41 PM
check youve got it timed up properly and if you have then whilst someone is cranking it over just turn the dizzy until it starts. if you cant turn it far enough then move your leads round one space if you get what i mean

Sirnixalot
14-05-07, 12:56 PM
i had a similar problem, it was the plug wire order

http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78949&highlight=plug

dj_wudgey
15-05-07, 11:58 AM
thanks lads ive reset the engine timing and ive still got nothing it doesant sound like there is any compresion still it must be how far the ignition timing is out i will try that what you guys said and then may be seek profesional help lol