PDA

View Full Version : egr system help please

alan b
13-05-07, 11:30 PM
hey guys just bought a crashed corsa gsi, anyway the egr pump got a smack and is broken. putting the engine into my nova and would like to take out the whole egr system too tidy up the bay abit, anyway if i just blank the holes will the ecu read a fault? and if so can i get that fixed?

Adam
14-05-07, 12:28 AM
Hmm, how can the egr be damaged, thats on the inlet side of the engine.

I assume you mean the black pump thing on the corsa inner wing? If so, thats the air injection system, you can just remove the pump and bin it.
You must keep the pump valve tho(bolted to turret) and the pump relay(next to ecu)

alan b
14-05-07, 12:36 AM
ah ya that pump ok but can i take out the egr system i wana make the engine bay real tidy and simple luking!

Adam
14-05-07, 12:39 AM
The EGR is only the small valve cylinder bolted to the back of the inlet... Its hardly visible.

On mine ive cut a template out of sheet alloy, and bolted that to the inlet with the egr bolted to it(need to keep egr to stop ecu light from coming on)

alan b
14-05-07, 12:45 AM
and what about the thing on the top of the exhaust manifold? dont realy no much about these engines and i cant tell anything looking at mine the front panel is on top of the engine at the mo, shes hit bad from the front!

Adam
14-05-07, 12:50 AM
Thats the air combination valve.
You need to leave that bolted on.

Or make a well fitting plate and bolt that over the hole(must seal well as its open to exhaust gas)

alan b
14-05-07, 12:55 AM
will taking that off bring on the ecu light? ill weld it up have a head sheild that cover it! so il take out the airpump and the pipes for it? and leave on the egr u say?

alan b
14-05-07, 12:55 AM
will taking that off bring on the ecu light? ill weld it up have a head sheild that cover it! so il take out the airpump and the pipes for it? and leave on the egr u say? not my engine but is the egr on this one? also is that the air valve on the front of exhhttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/corsadose/100_0772.jpguast man?http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/corsadose/100_0775.jpg

Adam
14-05-07, 01:15 AM
Yeh the silver thing on the exhaust is the air valve, the easiest thing to do is just leave it on tbh.
It stays shut, and so no chance of leaking exhaust gas.

The egr is in the first pic, near that small coolant pipe, black cylinder with a plug on it.