PDA

View Full Version : Wont start!!!!

hightower
13-05-07, 11:53 AM
Right got a 1.6 gte engine on bike carbs with after market ignition system, which has distributor, amp and coil, there are two wires that go to the coil, a pink which had a sticker saying 12v igniton which i have connected but thats all, tried putting an earth to it also( no better), not sparking the coil at all!! is it meant to earth through the engine or what? any ideas please!!!!!! got some pics but dont know how to get them up on here! in desperate need of some advice!!! cheers

Adam
13-05-07, 12:53 PM
Which ignition system is it?

The coil has two wires, a 12v ign live, and a neg(which fires the coil)
The dizzy has two wires which should go to the module(as thats the systems only way of knowing engine rotation and position)
The module has probably 4-6wires.

http://www.novaload.net/forum/showpost.php?p=459009&postcount=3

hightower
13-05-07, 01:52 PM
its one from H and H ignition systems, dizzy has three wires that plug into it and lead to the amp unit, tried earthing the brown to no result! im baffled! still no sparks!

Adam
13-05-07, 01:53 PM
Is it a std nova dizzy with the ignition curve changed by H&H?

hightower
13-05-07, 01:57 PM
No full h and h dis amp and coil just trying to sort out photo bucket to get some pic, cheers

hightower
13-05-07, 02:01 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/hightower-10/DSCF0227.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/hightower-10/DSCF0226.jpg

Hope that works?

Adam
13-05-07, 02:10 PM
Yes mate they work.
Right, it looks to have its own loom, much like a nova setup.
So the module should have a few wires that you wire to your car, they'll no doubt be ignition live, earth, and a rev counter signal.

Are these wired in?

hightower
13-05-07, 02:16 PM
there is the pink wire and the brown wire that come from the amp to the coil, these are both wired in, havent done the rev counter though as thought it was optional? is it? if not do u know the wire to wire it up to? the three wires that go to the dis from the amp are: green-yellow, blue and a brown cheers for the help
cheers for the help

Adam
13-05-07, 02:17 PM
The amp needs some form of Ignition power and Earth tho.....?
So somewhere it has to wire into your car loom?

On the pics i see a brown(or red)/green near the coil, where does that go?

hightower
13-05-07, 02:21 PM
yeah that is the earth to body i made for the coil, photo taken when i tried it disconnected, the ignition wire runs between the amp and the coil (pink) which has a 12v feed at the coil end, surely this will supply both??

Adam
13-05-07, 02:23 PM
The pink wire at the coil should be an ignition live(from the amp), my point being it needs an Ignition live from the car ignition switch/fusebox.

You dont see to have one wired up? You just have the coil/amp etc plugged in, but no connection to the car?

hightower
13-05-07, 02:58 PM
yeah that pink one is wired up to a 12v feed at the base of the coil, it attached to the green wire to the left of thge coil.

Adam
13-05-07, 03:03 PM
The base of the coil requires an ignition 12v feed ye(from your car loom)

I dont know if im confused, Lol, but i see NO 12v wire joined to the amp/coil?
Just wires between the dizzy,amp,coil.....

You have the system plugged in(with the mini loom it comes with) but its not wired to your car?
Only the red/green earth wire is connected?

Or have you supplied the system with a Ignition 12v out of your car/from the old nova coil?

hightower
13-05-07, 03:19 PM
yeah that green and red wire runs from the car via a switch to the coil and has 12v to it and continuity, making any sense yet mate? the red/green on the other side runs to earth when connected to the brown.

Adam
13-05-07, 03:29 PM
Aye i think i get you now.
So that pink coil terminal has ign 12v.

I dont think the brown on the coil should run to earth tho, thats the trigger wire iirc, i.e. the module changes the circuit which makes the coil "fire"
The module itself has an earth.. The 2nd terminal on the coil goes to the module.

hightower
13-05-07, 04:11 PM
Yeah thats how i wired it up and no spark so i tried earthing the brown to no joy and now i dont have a fecking clue? is the amp meant to be completely earthed? ie stuck onto the chassis or anything daft like that?

hightower
13-05-07, 05:03 PM
right the rotor arm is turning and there is definatley a feed to the ignition live, there is also a feed to that brown wire which drops off if i spin it over? should this not be flickering as it gets triggered?

Adam
13-05-07, 05:07 PM
The amp/module should have an earth connection(not the coil terminal).
The 2nd terminal on the coil goes to the module.

Did you get any wiring diagrams with the system?

hightower
13-05-07, 05:14 PM
nope feck all reallly, there is an earth wire that funs to the dis from the coil, will this earth through the engine or shall i make my own? dont want to break the sodding thing!

hightower
13-05-07, 07:44 PM
any one any ideas?