PDA

View Full Version : wiring fans up to a switch

graham kirkbride
12-05-07, 09:12 PM
hi all
i need help...
how do i wire twin rad fans up to a manual switch to make them come on when i want, but also come on when the rad fan switch tells them to ie when the waters getting to hot, can anyone help me

Ernie
12-05-07, 09:27 PM
the most easyest way would be to wire the fan's up to the usual wire then run a wire from a switch you have fitted some were in the car to the temp switch on the end of the rad.
Leave the original wires on there but run a wire from each terminal on the temp switch to the switch inside the car.
Thus when the ignition is on you can turn the fans on whenever you want like i have.

MyNovaSr
12-05-07, 09:51 PM
follow wires back off fan, connect up postive (live) to the fan then connect neg to earth point. i.e buy a ring connector and screw to the body to complete the connection.

Mine had a pos and neg going too the fan then taken off that two wires went to the thermo switch

I did it to mine and the fan comes on with the ignition and keeps it nice and cool :cool: .

graham kirkbride
12-05-07, 11:20 PM
thanks guys,:thumb: :thumb: ive sorted it;) ive ran mine thru a relay

mowgli
13-05-07, 09:51 AM
I would recommend simply piggy backing 2 wires onto the thermoswitch & running them to an on-off switch on the dash. that way the original safety system works as well.
What engine are you running?
why not fit a diesel stat to keep things a bit cooler?

Ernie
13-05-07, 12:52 PM
I would recommend simply piggy backing 2 wires onto the thermoswitch & running them to an on-off switch on the dash. that way the original safety system works as well.
Thats what i tryed to exsplain cheers mate as that is what i have done.

graham kirkbride
13-05-07, 10:08 PM

the original safety system still works, even thow im using a relay, because im still using the original wire from the fuse box to the fans/ relay,:thumb: ive fused the wire running to the manual switch so every thing is fused and safe;)