PDA

View Full Version : Trackday UPDATE !!

Dan
12-05-07, 08:10 PM
Ok i have been in contact with Llandow circuit and i have a short term left before a deposit (read full payment) will be needed.

It is with regret that if these 5 slots do not get filled i shall just cancel the event and refund payments. TBH i am gutted it has come to this as after all the abuse we, the admin, have recieved in fairly recentish posts about not organising anything, yet again the point we already knew has been clearly proven even tho we get mocked when we explain this to defend ourselves.

I truly hope this does go ahead but all the zest i had for doing something positive and right is starting to turn into shame for actually trying. We appreciate that cars may not be ready, or people are not quite ready etc but regardless of when anything is set this will always be the case for a few and with the trackday as an example being set for end of august, the summer season 'should be' in full swing

As regards future events/shows etc, our original policy after previous years attempts is looking to come back and we will just remain within the internet oblivion as an active community like the last couple of years.

Cheers

Dan

Jack
12-05-07, 08:22 PM
Its a shame when things don't come to fruition, especially as noted when admin get a hard time for supposedly not organising anything.

Regional meets and suchlike will obviously still go ahead with support of all members.

Ernie
12-05-07, 09:13 PM
sorry to hear this Dan.
And i hope it still all goes a head as i my self have booked the day of work paid your self and as proved (by my self) you can build a track worthy car in a week.
Ok it was'nt the best car of the day but it was a laugh to drive and still is.
I hope to see you at llandow as i have been looking forward to this since you phoned me about it.
Rant over so come on if your going get it sorted asap as Dan has put alot into this and would be a shame to miss out on what would be a great day.

dhdev (Oli)
12-05-07, 09:31 PM
I'm actually really pissed off about this situation, not just for my own sake, as it looks like I'm gonna end up missing out on what should be one of if not THE event of the year, but mainly for Dan's sake, as all his effort and enthusiasm has been wasted due to keyboard warriors not willing to make the effort and support a day focussed on enjoying what I see as the end goal and core of our community (i.e performance based converted / modified nova's). It's not just a trackday, it's the fibre and spirit of the event that binds NL and the Vaux community together, the trackday format is just a great way of coming together to share a passion and enthusiasm in a friendly, exciting and genuinely beneficial format.
Hats off to you Dan :thumb: , I still have my fingers crossed, but truely saddened that my gut feeling is a bad result :(

Paul
12-05-07, 10:19 PM
is there spaces left that need filling up? if there whens payment deadline?

Dan
12-05-07, 10:32 PM
As the thread starter states i have 5 slots still open, all major details are in the sticky thread above. Regarding payments they have to be asap, but as the standard has been set by the 15 people already they have paid straight away as to not mess me around.

As you can imagine until a cheque or whatever has gone into the bank and a place secured words mean nothing, all good intentions could still leave me getting raped for hundreds of pounds and severely out of pocket which i am not willing/can afford to do, as i am sure none of you guys would risk your necks either to that tune :tard:

Each place is 1/20th of the cost which i intend to pay in full or not at all.

Cheers

Dan

Dan
13-05-07, 08:29 AM

Ash C
13-05-07, 10:50 AM
I'm actually really pissed off about this situation, not just for my own sake, as it looks like I'm gonna end up missing out on what should be one of if not THE event of the year, but mainly for Dan's sake, as all his effort and enthusiasm has been wasted due to keyboard warriors not willing to make the effort and support a day focussed on enjoying what I see as the end goal and core of our community (i.e performance based converted / modified nova's). It's not just a trackday, it's the fibre and spirit of the event that binds NL and the Vaux community together, the trackday format is just a great way of coming together to share a passion and enthusiasm in a friendly, exciting and genuinely beneficial format.
Hats off to you Dan :thumb: , I still have my fingers crossed, but truely saddened that my gut feeling is a bad result :(

same as what oli said really, absolutly gutted about this was looking to be one of the best trackdays of the year. with what should be at least 20 top spec novas all being raped to fook. even if you where to spectate i would be an awsome day out. so get your hands in your pockets people and help make this happen even to help futrue events!!! :thumb:

draper
13-05-07, 11:35 AM
cant believe it, thought places would be filled straight away and now it might be cancelled

if my cars not ready im gonna turn up a few days earlier and buy a ?100 ****ter locally lol

i wouldnt mind paying an extra couple of quid to secure the day ??

Ernie
13-05-07, 11:46 AM
Thats the spirit wish the others would pull there fingers out as i for 1 dont want to miss out on this day.

nova---chris
13-05-07, 11:55 AM
But dont forget most the nice high powerd cars are all locked away in garages. Dont want them getting abused or dirty! But whats the point?
:confused:

Ernie
13-05-07, 12:00 PM
lol back to topic i think.
Now were did i leave the box of oily rags to go and drag all over my track toy.

Lee
13-05-07, 02:35 PM
If I dont have an engine by then, the transit is getting a raping lol

But in all seriousness, this is the main reason the PVG event which normally fronts this date was not put forward this year, as we normally had to make up the number of drop outs - non payers by covering it from the clubs account. As many of you are aware we are a free to join club, therefore the account is not a healthy one and has to rely on people actually turning out.

I think Dan has been fantastic in trying to make this happen, and it will be sad day if it has to be cancelled. It will basically force us to join in on organised track day and remove the part which I feel is the best part of the day itself, which is the social aspect, and having a circuit to ourselves.

I will say that the main body of us who are (sorry, a cliche) 'Harcore' track users will not miss out on doing what we love as there will always be track days, but Llandow is so much more than just a track day. If it doesnt go ahead this year, Im afraid nothing of its sort will happen again as a club only event.

Again, thankyou Dan for fronting this, and also for the other favour you did myself and a few others I know of.

Ernie
13-05-07, 02:49 PM
well put Mr Lee

SuperNova!
13-05-07, 06:34 PM
There are a few of us from S.Wales with Starlet Gt turbos, perhaps with go ahead I could try to fill the slots for you and save novaloads track day?

Being a localer.

draper
13-05-07, 06:42 PM
i cant see the problem, as long as 20 people pay we get the track to ourselves !!

Geth
13-05-07, 07:03 PM
Chunny and my self have been talking and we both think it is starting look quite possible that we are not going to get the extra 5 people required in time for the payment deadline. One option to make sure the event still goes ahead is for the remaining commited members to cover the surples. we are both agreed that an extra ?35 is quite reasonable considering the fees for some other events and the fact that Llandow is open pitlane.

If we do this it would then leave us with 4 months to fill the rest of the places and any extra money could be distributed amongst the original 15.

It's just an idea really but what do you guys think? Anyone up for it?

draper
13-05-07, 07:33 PM
i had the same idea earlier, im up for it as it still makes it only ?145. didnt corsasport have one recently that was ?180-?200 ??

Paul
13-05-07, 07:58 PM
I will 100% be up for this without a shadow of a doubt, but i just havent got the money til the end of the month.

I could send some sort of deposit, but it will literally be like 10-20quid.

I just paid out for a holiday so im absoloutely skint!

Jim Mcrae
13-05-07, 08:35 PM
is there a date?

Stuart
13-05-07, 08:56 PM
^^ fool. look in the track day thread.

Jim Mcrae
13-05-07, 08:59 PM
^^ fool. look in the track day thread.

just tired and a tad lazy at the minute i'll have you know

Chris
13-05-07, 09:13 PM
I will do this, if it means that the day goes ahead. I know how much effort it takes to organise an event like this.

Well, I say I will do it, that all depends if Dan will let me.

Ring me Dan.

Chris

Nick
13-05-07, 09:15 PM
Sorry Dan, i've not got back to you regarding my cheque.

To be honest, i've been too busy with more important things at the moment (university work).

I'm getting on top of things, and will send you a cheque sometime this week .

I guess that'l make it 4 people instead of 5 !

SuperNova!
13-05-07, 09:25 PM
How many people will be allowed on the track at once?

Jim
13-05-07, 09:35 PM
Its a shame peoples good intentions to organise group events get shot down. Those of us that have tried to organise events in the past and have had to cancel them at the last minute know what you're going through and how frustrating it can be.

Dan
13-05-07, 09:46 PM
right then, this thread has given some positive aspects, in reply to all the questions

Lashed Nova, the latest i can accept payment is tbh straight away to secure your place and help me keep track of where we stand. I only have a matter of 2 weeks now to decide what to do. I cannot confirm a place without payment. No disrespect to you guys but if no cheque is in my letter box i still stand to loose an aweful lot. Things can go wrong your end inbetween and promises dont cover a place if you cant match them for any reason :( .

Chris, expect a call in ten min or so. Kids kicking off to bugger and its well past their bedtime (was same last night and was to late to ring after :thumb: )

bhpnos All details of this day are in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Nick pm replied to

Supernova, its an open pit event, we will all have to do a procession in the morning just for sighting laps and to get a feel for the track at low speeds/ warm the cars up. From the last 2 years after that we average a maximum of 7-8 cars at once, but generally after lunch its more like 4 or 5 lol

We have never had a busy track, and my biggest bug bearer is track manners which i think all that are attending are aware of and abide by strictly themselves as we have proved with many various vids of the llandow days over the years. A fast car is not about power and speed, the factors on these days go far beyond that :thumb:

Lee
13-05-07, 09:52 PM
A fast car is not about power and speed, the factors on these days go far beyond that :thumb:

How quickly a baby engine can drag a fat bastid around is testament to that! lol

CP
13-05-07, 10:14 PM
TBH I can't understand why you haven't been over subscribed cos its incredibly good value for money. We looked at a Silverstone open pit day coming up soon and you are talking way over 200 squids. Nearly all the well known circuits are now really expensive - you'll have to pay getting on for ?120 for an evening only event at somewhere like Oulton Park

Dan
13-05-07, 10:24 PM
Lee is very rude but does have a point as such lol and charles, we know this and why i took this on originally :confused: maybe others havent been around enough to realise it

The better news is we have provisionally got 2 more cheques in the post meaning only 3 places to find

ben lee
13-05-07, 11:38 PM
ive said ill go but one have the cash till the 28th payday.

Nick
14-05-07, 02:42 AM
I'm also very suprised people aren't jumping at the chance !

IIRC it's around ?100ish (i should really find out so i can write the cheque lol)

Oulton park at the end of June is costing me ?220 for a full day open pit. Croft last month cost ?150 ! And that was sessioned.

If you're needing a couple of extra people dan, i could easily bring a few people into the equation, but they wouldn't be in novas !

Also, the good thing about having it as open pit, is that we all might be lucky enough to have some in-car advice from the likes of Dan or Dar who have proven to be bloody good drivers !

Ernie
14-05-07, 05:39 PM
It's looking on the up again sweet.

Llandow or bust.... lol.

MyNovaSr
14-05-07, 06:05 PM
as said once before I put my name down but cant afford till end of month