PDA

View Full Version : xe clutch cable mod/fitment? howtf?

John
12-05-07, 04:33 PM
:mad: Right, this car is fu*king me off now, howtf do i fit the clutch cable with the engine in?? Please don't tell me i'm going to have to take the engine out!!:mad: I've bent the bulkhead sleeve down and to the right as per usual xe, put there's no room to fit the cable between the bulkhead and inlet. Any sensible suggestion appreciated.

Paul
12-05-07, 05:54 PM
takes time mate, it can be done, its just a pain in the ****. keep trying mate. obviously take everything off thats in the way.

Philsutton
12-05-07, 06:19 PM
Its very easy to do (but then ive done millions of them now.), but when you do it make sure where it comes out the bulk head that it has been trimmed down otherwise you'll keep changing them all the time as the inlet rubs on it.

p.s.guy
20-05-07, 11:05 PM
my cable snaped to day,and my mot is 9 oclock tomo morning !!!!

ahhhhh

right i got a new cable disconnected both ends of the old one. i tide a bit of string to the end in the foot well , then i pulled the cable out via the engine bay pulling the string with it...

then i tide the new cable to the string and repulled the new one in...

took a bit of push and pulling but it took me anout 10 mins start to finnish

hope this help a little !!

SRlew
21-05-07, 02:39 PM
do you still use a nova cable?

craig green
21-05-07, 04:17 PM
Yeah its a nova cable. Has to be said its my least fave job on a nova I think.

I'd rather strip down the rear brake drums than be on my back in the footwell trying to faff about with that bloody spring retaining clip!

John
23-05-07, 08:25 PM
Cheers for the replys chaps, it was actually the manifold at fault. The cav sri manifold has a large casting lump protruding on the bottom, so i've used a mk2 astra 16v item, and the cable clears fine.